Wolverine  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Wolverine
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 22nd, 2007, 01:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Domine

Report: Bollnäsfestivalen

I thought I'd post some thoughts about our gig yesterday at Bollnäsfestivalen in Bollnäs, Sweden.

We gathered on Wednesday to start rehersals and since we were to play only 30 minutes we didn't have to spend a lot of time with the songs to get back in shape. Rehersals felt really good so we could wotk on new material instead of just playing old stuff.

The gig itself didn't quite turn out as well as I'd hope it would. Although we knew the songs I could feel it had been a long time since we were on stage the last time around which would be in September -06. On top of this there were hardly any people there at all which, to our defense, was not limited to only us but it was actually the case with all the bands on this particular stage (the smalles one out of three). It was hard to get "into the groove " so to speak and I even forgot some of the words in the chorus of "A house of plague" so it's safe to say I did not do my best gig.

All in all we did pretty well though and it was good to be up on stage again after all these months. The rest of the guys played great as always! The gig was also a well needed warm-up to our gig in Gothenburg at "Slottskogen goes progressive" which I'm looking forward to very much. We'll definitely play some new stuff then so that'll be cool! Hope to see some of you there!

Over and out!

Stefan Zell, Wolverine
www.wolverine-overdose.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bia_KK
Stupid drummer´s wife

Hello dear one!I'm deeply sad to have missed the gig as you know...
Marcus told me it was badly organized and that it ended up affecting the band´s performance which sucks big time.Oh well,I bet you guys put a huge smile on the face of those present there anyway!! Certainly it served as a good rehearsal for Gothemburg!You chaps rule no matter what.

Looking forward to listening to some new tunes!
Miss you all.Keep on shining and see you sooner than later!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 28th, 2007, 05:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
PE

I went to the gig and enjoyed it although it was way too short, but that's obviously not the band's fault.
Old July 28th, 2007, 11:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
beast from the east

I'm sure it was spectacular, Stefan. I doubt anybody even really noticed the forgotten words.

That sucks that there was a small crowd ...those poor saps didn't know what they were missing.
Old August 15th, 2007, 10:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
losbjer
Stupid drummer

Here's some pics from the show:
http://goto.glocalnet.net/prog/