Woods of Ypres  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Woods of Ypres
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 12th, 2007, 04:15 AM   #26 (permalink)
Arcane Son
Seeker Of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningWitch View Post
Just watched The Wizard of Oz with "Dark Side of the Moon." I think the correct term is Dark Side of Oz, but not completely sure.
Being a huge Floyd fan I just have to ask...Did you find the music and video actually synced up well? I have never tried it before but have heard about the idea/myth for quite sometime. You probably want to be under the influence to make it a worthwhile watch.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 12th, 2007, 08:22 PM   #27 (permalink)
flemflames

A Sound of Thunder.

A slightly higher budget b-movie. Not too bad.
Old January 12th, 2007, 10:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Skepticism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Son View Post
Being a huge Floyd fan I just have to ask...Did you find the music and video actually synced up well? I have never tried it before but have heard about the idea/myth for quite sometime. You probably want to be under the influence to make it a worthwhile watch.
There are a couple parts I noticed that worked really well, I have done the Dark Side of Oz thing twice, and can only remember some stuff that worked well during the first time. The second time the timing was a bit off, but you should try it and see for yourself.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 13th, 2007, 06:45 AM   #29 (permalink)
FUBAR

Jus saw my new Erik the Viking dvd, now thats a cool film.
Old January 14th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
Iced Guardian

i just saw the 24 season premier tonight. 'twas most enjoyable
Old January 14th, 2007, 11:19 PM   #31 (permalink)
Wenchmaster
Wrath of Amemait

I just saw Jens Kidman on youtube. YouTube - so this is why i like meshuggah
Old January 14th, 2007, 11:47 PM   #32 (permalink)
DeathBlade

Was watching Fearless before the people I was watching it with decided they had to leave cause of the weather.

Lunar Hypnosis
Old January 23rd, 2007, 12:54 PM   #33 (permalink)
Burning Missive

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
Pan's Labyrinth

Talladega Nights was enjoyable, moreso than I thought it would be. I waited until it came out on video so that I could watch it for free (at a friend's house) because I refuse to knowingly give Nascar a cent.

Pan's Labyrinth was flat-out awesome. It's very interesting in two regards. One, the film is essentially two good stories interwoven together, but if they were filmed seperately and released as two seperate films, they would both still be very good. And that is not to say that they weren't linked together somehow, it's just that they both held their own and would be just as understandable had they been made seperately. I attribute that aspect to excellent writing. Two, the fairy tale story was done so well that as an audience member, you can debate whether or not the girl's objective was real. Real being in the movie sense of the word. Was/is she really what she thought/thinks she was/is, or was it all just in her head? Either way, the film is just amazing and I highly recommend seeing it if you can.
Old January 24th, 2007, 03:44 PM   #34 (permalink)
CaGeD iN
Wandering on Ypres Rd.

Location: in a huge tourist town where our population doubles in the summer
well i like movies and judging by the sentence summary of wicker park i thought it was gonna deal with supernatural shit but it didnt... still a pretty good movie as far as romantic ones go, too bad there was no killing, watched half of accepted and got bored, lovely cleavage though
You are not my neighbor you ass, I never read anywhere in the bible that your supposed to be nice.
Old January 24th, 2007, 03:53 PM   #35 (permalink)
Insomniainc

Just finished watching Star Wars Episode 3 for the first time...

that's... just way too much CGI, I like it though, but I wonder if ANYTHING is real in that movie,

NoC @ MySpace.com

}8)>
Old January 24th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #36 (permalink)
TheCrab

Entourage on DVD. its an HBO comedy/drama about a famous guy and his loser friends. its rediculous.
Old January 25th, 2007, 09:12 PM   #37 (permalink)
Burning Missive

Brick

The dialogue in this film is awesome. It's a throwback to one of my favorite genres of film (film noir).
Old February 1st, 2007, 07:46 PM   #38 (permalink)
Burning Missive

Smokin' Aces
Ong-Bak: Muay Thai Warrior

Both were enjoyable, but I'll probably never watch either again.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 11:46 AM   #39 (permalink)
ShadarLogoth
Long Dead God

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (best movie ever)

Beowulf and Grendel- i cant say the plot is exceptionally amazing, kind of a hack version of the original tale, but not to bad, but the scenery and cinematography are great.

kiss kiss, bang bang-an enjoyable movie with val kilmer, has alot of very sarcastic moments, kind of a dark comedy, sometimes too smart for its own good though.

a box set of 5 seventies kung fu movies including shaolin fist, and return of the drunken master.

amon amarth-wrath of the norsemen

therion-celebrations of becoming

john boormans Excaliber- the scene where king arthur is riding into battle after being ill with the camera looking him in the face and you can see the line of soldiers trailing off behind him is the most epic moment ever filmed.(and that was an epic run on sentence.)

Epic Extreme Metal from Maine
Old February 2nd, 2007, 01:00 PM   #40 (permalink)
sdmf2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Son View Post
in Toronto, they show Darkside of Oz at Bloor Cinema (huge old theater) and tons of people go every month when they show it and they smoke in the theater. no one kicks you out, but if you puke you have to clean the whole floor haha. I went once but I was sober. the only real enjoyment I got was listening to the record a couple times. it synces up pretty well if you start it at the third growl of the MGM lion

Old February 3rd, 2007, 03:01 PM   #41 (permalink)
Dauden

I watched the Isis DVD the other night with my buddy, quite enjoyable.
Old February 3rd, 2007, 09:58 PM   #42 (permalink)
David Gold
Son of the Darkest Blues

SENTENCED - "Buried Alive" 2 DVD set

Being the HUGE Sentenced fan that I am, I've been dying to see this for a over a year, and it's awesome! I'm totally not disapointed at all. I watched all the extras (tour documentary, interviews, etc...) before watching the grand finale 25 song final show (...still watching now). Interesting note - ALL of the dialogue between them and the crowd and between themselves is in Finnish, but ALL the song lyrics are in English. That must be so strange.

Miika Tenkula (lead guitar) is a BEAST (!!!), both on guitar, and in real life!!!

FYI - I was lucky enough to see Sentenced LIVE in person once in my life. It was at "The Iroc" in Detroit (this tiny bar near Harpo's) in 2002. Sentenced was on tour supporting their "The Cold White Light" album in the USA with Dark Tranquility and In Flames (+ there was like 7 shitty Detroit opening bands at this show, no exaggeration). Their set was short, maybe 30 minutes, but great. I bought a T-shirt and gave a (then) brand new copy of "Against the Seasons" personally to Vesa Ranta (drums). I never heard anything back from him, but it was still cool.

SENTENCED!!!
"An expression of life, not a product of time."

Old February 4th, 2007, 12:02 AM   #43 (permalink)
sdmf2

I only have the first 2 Sentenced albums... are th eothers worth getting?

Old February 4th, 2007, 12:09 PM   #44 (permalink)
David Gold
Son of the Darkest Blues

Quote:
I only have the first 2 Sentenced albums... are the others worth getting?
Personally, I prefer the later-era Sentenced to the early stuff. My fav albums being the last 3: "The Cold White Light", "Crimson" and "The Funeral Album".
"An expression of life, not a product of time."

Old February 4th, 2007, 11:47 PM   #45 (permalink)
bloodeagle

hogan's heros, circa '65, but it's classic stuff. you can catch it on deja view (via satellite or w/e) at 5:30 on weekdays. blood diamond was a cool movie, i'm sure other people have this issue, but with "expose" movies i often wonder which side is worse. ie: george bush is stupid, but michael moore is pure evil.
Old February 5th, 2007, 06:18 PM   #46 (permalink)
Burning Missive

Notes on a Scandal
Letters From Iwo Jima

Both are excellent films. The incredible acting in Notes on a Scandal and the well-executed humanism of Letters From Iwo Jima made both incredible viewings.
Old February 8th, 2007, 10:56 PM   #47 (permalink)
Azraelscross

i wish i had a hard copy of this dvd . its cheaper than 90% of japanese dvds so it shouldn't be too long.haha. my favorite vid on it has to be this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnpLvf-eTJc
Old February 9th, 2007, 12:23 AM   #48 (permalink)
DeathBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Missive View Post
Brick

The dialogue in this film is awesome. It's a throwback to one of my favorite genres of film (film noir).
Watched it awhile ago, really enjoyed it. Cant wait to see more by that director/writer.

Last movie I watched was a film called Dick. Its about Nixon, but a comedy. Very well done, and it has some of my favorite comedians in it, like Dave Foley.

Lunar Hypnosis
Old February 9th, 2007, 11:10 PM   #49 (permalink)
Burning Missive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathBlade View Post
Watched it awhile ago, really enjoyed it. Cant wait to see more by that director/writer.
Yeah, from a filmmaker's perspective, it wasn't anything special in terms of camerawork or cinematography, but the acting was solid and the writing was spot on. There's just something about stylized dialogue that really intrigues me, especially when done well. I, too, look forward to Johnson's future works.
Old February 18th, 2007, 10:25 PM   #50 (permalink)
Burning Missive

Breach
Ghost Rider

Breach was very good. I was very pleased with Chris Cooper's performance and Ryan Phillipe did a decent job in his role. Ghost Rider was okay for the time being, but I'll never watch it again voluntarily.