Ultimate Metal Forum  
UltimateMetal.com homeContact UltimateMetal.com

Ultimate Metal Zine Ultimate Metal Photo Gallery Ultimate Metal Classifieds Ultimate Metal Link Directory Ultimate Metal Events Ultimate Metal Radio Ultimate Metal Store

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > The Music > Your Reviews

Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 12th, 2009, 06:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
mutantllama
Awesome custom title

At The Gate's The Red in the Sky is Ours

This album has been kicking my ass a lot lately, so I decided that I should write a review on it. I don't write much reviews, but I'm bored, and don't have much else to do right now.

Anyways, when I here this album I think of a dark rainy gloomy day with a bit of red in it(lol). I don't know if it has to do with the fact that when I bought this album, it was a rainy dark day also, or if it is the album itself. Anyways, I love the feeling of dark gloomy weather, so who cares! The album begins with a 1 2 3 4, drum type thing, then a terrifying scream comes out right at you. From that point you know that this album is going to be terribly terrifying, in a good way. One of the things that makes this album really great is the vocals. Every time I hear them, I hear torture. Of coarse in a good way. One could easily compare them to Varg.

Now onto the actual musical part of the album. You defiantly hear a sense of technical skills. The drums are excellent. Great riffs. Also, you hear a violin come in a certain parts of the album adding more to the dark, gloomy atmosphere.

In conclusion, this is a must have death metal/melodic death metal album. Pick it up if you haven't.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 13th, 2009, 08:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ocean
Metal Cynosure

I have a hard time listening to this album because of the poor production. Its great and when I do listen to it i really enjoy it. But I wish they would remix/remaster it or something for some kinda anniversary release or something. I'd be happy.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!