2 Gold Badges up for grabs

ashaman7122

Crazy on a ship of fools
Dec 11, 2002
(I'm following Kellsco's lead on this one...)

Due to our group's last minute dwindling of numbers, I would like to offer 2 GBs, if anyone wants to take advantage of early festival access, early vendor access, etc...

Price is $130 each (obo). They may be purchased individually or as a pair. 1/2 now, and 1/2 when I hand you the badge(s) in person on Thursday, Friday, whenever. Please bear in mind this is not a GB transfer, as I will retain my spot on the GB roster.

Feel free to contact me at docfenner@msn.com.

Rock on!

:err:
ashaman7122 said:
Please bear in mind this is not a GB transfer, as I will retain my spot on the GB roster.

:erk:
Have you run that past Glenn? Everytime I've seen someone talk about selling their gold badges here on the forum, I'm pretty certain that I've seen Glenn post that once you sell your gold badge that's it. It's sold - along with all it's rights and priviledges for future shows. I might have misunderstood, but I thought that was just the way it worked - no exceptions.

Maybe Glenn will see this and reply, but can anyone else clear up my confussion?

This seems to come up everytime someone puts one up...

From what I understand, as long as I'm footing the bill and picking the GB up, it's mine...and will remain that way until I can no longer be there to get them and have to give up my "slot." I just happen to be the one that gets the GBs for my small group every year, then doles them out to my group. No difference here...I'm just looking to get reimbursed by someone different because my "group" has bailed...

From what I've seen in the past, Glenn is cool with this. If I'm in error...well, then...I guess it's my ass...oops!

Rock on!

Ashaman is correct. As long as he picks up the badges himself, he is free to do with them what he pleases. It's basically like deciding which friend he gives them to (except they are paying to be his friend).

However, if you sell them to someone and they pick up the badges...*BAM*...you are gone from the list.

Glenn

They're backing out less than a week before the show? Losers. You should make them reimburse you anyway, if you don't find any takers.

I'm with you Boob...but these are dear friends of mine in the military that have last minute orders...SNAFU...fortunately, it does not involve being shipped overseas (whew)...but it screws their plans just the same...

I can afford to cover them if I have to...certainly no hard feelings...just won't be the same this year, that's all...

Rock on!

ashaman7122 said:
I'm with you Boob...but these are dear friends of mine in the military that have last minute orders...SNAFU...fortunately, it does not involve being shipped overseas (whew)...but it screws their plans just the same...

I can afford to cover them if I have to...certainly no hard feelings...just won't be the same this year, that's all...

Rock on!

Please give them a heartfelt thanks from me for doing an amazing job that most of us choose not to do, but need to have done every day.

Thanks yardley & Whisper for the sentiments...ashaman and I will pass them along. They're completely bummed about missing the show, but when duty calls...you know?

Thankfully there will be the dvd of this year's show to ease some of the pain. :headbang: