happy belated birthday[11/23]
I couldn't get this for you in November,
but am sending it to you this weekend
[knowing how much you love snow]

Enjoy!

jon:OMG:

Frederick paper had BIG headlines
12-20 inches of snow forecasted, coming up the coast

I doubt if there's a loaf of bread, or a gallon of milk,anywhere in the 4 state area

Go Vikings!

We have been very lucky this year in NY, but I know we are due for a big one.
Go Saints!!!

I broke down and bought a meat slicer...

For an appetizer we will have the usual chips and dips. I found a recipe for grilled breaded "crunchy" wings that looks killer. That's the apps.

Lauren is the inside cook - that is her domain and she does it well. She is making jambalaya with chicken andouille sausage and turkey tasso. We fly in the sausage and tasso from Jacob's in Louisiana. There is no better andouille than Jacob's (www.cajunsausage.com).

I bought a prime grade whole boneless ribeye. I'm going to hack off about a 6-7 pound roast that I will smoke. Hoping to pick up ciabatta rolls that we'll garlic up. We'll make ribeye sandwiches with a spread of toppings.

It will all be washed down with a variety of Belgian ales.

Not sure what Lauren has planned for dessert but I'm sure it will be ridiculous. Neighbors will probably bring dessert as well.

Of course the snow is going to make all of this one huge pain in the ass.

I thought Super bowl weekend would have been far better, than your aniversary, next month;
March 3rd is it?

I'll see about some sleet, or freezing rain for that day

and brutus, what brand of Belgium ale?

Sounds fantastic! Let me know the next time you are in Atlanta, GA...my father and one of my brothers operate a BBQ business in Atlanta...good southern BBQ:)

I actually picked a "" Brinkmann"" Smoke N grill "" as a free gift for 10 yrs on the security possition, Better then a gold watch, It should arrive on 2/9.Now I have to learn how to use it:loco::loco:.

Ken,

Here is their website:

www.prsbbq.com

They are about to relocate operations from Cummings, GA. to just outside Atlanta. Maybe we can hookup when you are here for ProgPower and I'll treat you to a meal.:)

That is the honest to GOD truth. He also went by "Red" Garner. My family on both my father and mother's side have deep southern roots.

You're quite the grillmaster! Nice list of Belgian brews. Leffe is another tasty one from their neck of the woods, though Grimbergen's a personal favorite.