A very personal thanls to Glenn+Jen

ICEDEARTHFAN

IN MEMORY.....
Sep 24, 2008
Northeast Alabama
I've been trying to word this correctly for a couple of days before posting it.To Glenn,
I got to thank you Friday afternoon at the steps of the entrance that leads up to the lobby/bar area.I told you this was my second Progpower and introduced you to my wife who was at her first.It was brief but it started a series of events that became something I will never forget.I started bragging about you to her as we went on to find seats and she became very interested in the festival as a whole.I've been married to her for 12 years and NEVER have been able to get her to go to a metal concert with me.I talked her into this one because there were bands with female vocalists.By the time Friday night ended she was a fan of Leaves Eyes,Seventh Wonder,and Kamelot.
We spent Saturday talking about those bands,other bands and everything I could think of that was metal.Saturday's fest arrived and by the end of Delain my shy wife was clapping her hands and standing and cheering and Whooing!!! for them like I was.She even got into a couple of Hammerfall songs!!! I can't explain how much this means to me.She has done nothing but pester me every day since the fest to let her listen to more metal!!! I'm doing everything I can to satisfy her craving for this genre.In my wildest dreams I never thought this would happen.It's because of you Glenn,cause without this fest it wouldn't have happened.We are closer than ever before because of this.Metal has always meant soo much to me and to now have my wife involved in my enthusiasm is perfect.
To Jen,
Without you Glenn would only be half as great as he is:lol: I've learned the hard way without a great woman beside him,a man is really not a man.We didn't get to meet you,but when I read what Glenn wrote about you I'm sure you are totally awesome!!!!

That is a great story! I helped a young couple from Alabama find the venue from my hotel on Saturday, they drove from Alabama just to see Hammerfall.
Wish I could get my wife to come to PP, but Glenn would have to book Rick Springfield, and I doubt that is going to happen. :cool:

I've been trying to word this correctly for a couple of days before posting it.To Glenn,
I got to thank you Friday afternoon at the steps of the entrance that leads up to the lobby/bar area.I told you this was my second Progpower and introduced you to my wife who was at her first.It was brief but it started a series of events that became something I will never forget.I started bragging about you to her as we went on to find seats and she became very interested in the festival as a whole.I've been married to her for 12 years and NEVER have been able to get her to go to a metal concert with me.I talked her into this one because there were bands with female vocalists.By the time Friday night ended she was a fan of Leaves Eyes,Seventh Wonder,and Kamelot.
We spent Saturday talking about those bands,other bands and everything I could think of that was metal.Saturday's fest arrived and by the end of Delain my shy wife was clapping her hands and standing and cheering and Whooing!!! for them like I was.She even got into a couple of Hammerfall songs!!! I can't explain how much this means to me.She has done nothing but pester me every day since the fest to let her listen to more metal!!! I'm doing everything I can to satisfy her craving for this genre.In my wildest dreams I never thought this would happen.It's because of you Glenn,cause without this fest it wouldn't have happened.We are closer than ever before because of this.Metal has always meant soo much to me and to now have my wife involved in my enthusiasm is perfect.
To Jen,
Without you Glenn would only be half as great as he is:lol: I've learned the hard way without a great woman beside him,a man is really not a man.We didn't get to meet you,but when I read what Glenn wrote about you I'm sure you are totally awesome!!!!

A marriage strengthened by Heavy Metal and PPUSA.

Great story, from the point of an unmarried male this makes marriage not look as scary anymore.

ps just noticed yeah you are from, great to met another metalhead from Alabama.

That's just awesome.

I was fortunate enough that my wife grew up on 80s metal because of her older brother. Actually our first date was a hard rock fest. :headbang: She's liked most of what I've thrown at her over the years, and has enjoyed the last two PPUSAs, other than how exhausted we get after 2-4 days of metal madness.

Cheers to wives who love metal. :kickass:

Great stuff! My wife and I actually had our ten year anniversary yesterday, but I can tell you that I felt the same way the day I came over to her place, and she had gone out and purchased Fates Warning and Queensyche CDs because she enjoyed them so much when I was playing them.....

It helps a LOT when your significant other shares in your musical obsessions..... To this day, she'll go to about any concert with me, unless there are a bunch of cookie monster vocals..... That's her breaking point. :lol:

Great stuff! My wife and I actually had our ten year anniversary yesterday, but I can tell you that I felt the same way the day I came over to her place, and she had gone out and purchased Fates Warning and Queensyche CDs because she enjoyed them so much when I was playing them.....

It helps a LOT when your significant other shares in your musical obsessions..... To this day, she'll go to about any concert with me, unless there are a bunch of cookie monster vocals..... That's her breaking point. :lol:

Happy late anniversary!!!

To Jen, Without you Glenn would only be half as great as he is:lol: I've learned the hard way without a great woman beside him,a man is really not a man.We didn't get to meet you,but when I read what Glenn wrote about you I'm sure you are totally awesome!!!!

Thank you so very much for the kind words - they mean so much! Please be sure to introduce yourself next year - I would love to meet y'all. :)

~Jen

To Jen,

that is fucking awesome! Prog Power this year was actually Sabrina and I's 3 year anniversary :)