Attn: Any fans in the Kansas City area...

Met-Al

Oct 12, 2004
Hi, folks!

I know this is kind of a last minute announcement, but if you're a power metal fan who will happen to be in Kansas City on August 14th, you can come out to see me perform with Fort Wayne, Indiana's craziest power metal band, Zephaniah! They recently lost their singer and asked me to fill in for the Kansas City Power Metal Fest. These guys are incredible musicians with tons of stage energy, so I couldn't pass it up. We only had one chance to rehearse together, so I wanted to wait to see how that went before making an official annoucement. If you're interested in checking out the show, visit the following addresses for more information:

www.myspace.com/zephaniahband
www.myspace.com/kansascitypowermetalfest

I hope to see you there!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Thanks for asking, guys!

I'm sorry I took so long to respond to this thread. I had the best of intentions to do so, but on top of life getting in the way of my internet time, I totally spaced on it!

The Kansas City Power Metal Fest was a good time despite the fact that it took me forever to get to the venue. Zephaniah was scheduled to play last (around 1:00 A.M.), so we were worried that everyone would take off before we hit the stage. When we saw everyone inside the bar heading for the exit during and after Manilla Road's set, we really thought we were doomed. Fortunately for us, we didn't take into account that there were just as many people watching bands in the beer garden. Those folks came into the bar and watched our set. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, and the guys managed to sell a decent amount of CDs after the set. Seeing as how I was only able to rehearse with them once before the show, I think my performance could have been better. However, no one seemed to notice any of the faux pas.

Actually, it's fitting that I took so long to add to this thread, as it just so happens that I managed to secure a gig for Zephaniah in the Chicago area for this New Year's Eve! We'll be playing at the Penny Road Pub in Barrington with Sacred Dawn, and the guys in Sacred Dawn will be unveiling a new Savatage tribute act. I'll post more details in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert