Blaze Bayley

7thSaviour

Power Metal Maniac
Jul 8, 2005
Dixieland USA
The former Iron Maiden and Wolfsbane vocalist Blaze rocks! I love all his solo CDs. Any fans? His new DVD "Alive In Poland" totally shreds! His band features an all-new lineup and I must say that they are at least as good as his old backup band if not better. Check them out pronto!

big Blaze fan here!!! I personally love his vocals, all solo albums, and I am probably one of 3 people on the planet who will actualy admit "yes, I like X Factor and Virtual XI" (yet, I am also one of about 5 million people who would say "neither of those albums compares to anything with Dickinson!!!) Maiden aside, Blaze rules. I would love to see him at a future ProgPower (I guess he'd fall into a 3rd spot....)

For anyone who has never heard Blaze Bayley...check the songs "Will to Win" and "Blood & Belief" :headbang:

The former Iron Maiden and Wolfsbane vocalist Blaze rocks! I love all his solo CDs. Any fans? His new DVD "Alive In Poland" totally shreds! His band features an all-new lineup and I must say that they are at least as good as his old backup band if not better. Check them out pronto!

Sorry, dude. I'm not much of a Blaze fan. I saw him fronting Maiden back when I lived in Milwaukee. They played a relatively small venue called The Rave. Blaze was horrible. He sounded flat, he had no stage presence, and he pretty much butchered Maiden's songs.

I have one of his solo CDs in Wolfsbane and don't think it's half bad. But my impression of his work will forever be tainted by his brief stint in Maiden.

big Blaze fan here!!! I personally love his vocals, all solo albums, and I am probably one of 3 people on the planet who will actualy admit "yes, I like X Factor and Virtual XI" (yet, I am also one of about 5 million people who would say "neither of those albums compares to anything with Dickinson!!!) Maiden aside, Blaze rules. I would love to see him at a future ProgPower (I guess he'd fall into a 3rd spot....)

For anyone who has never heard Blaze Bayley...check the songs "Will to Win" and "Blood & Belief" :headbang:
Right on!:headbang:
For the record:
The X Factor 9/10
Virtual XI 5/10

Sorry, dude. I'm not much of a Blaze fan. I saw him fronting Maiden back when I lived in Milwaukee. They played a relatively small venue called The Rave. Blaze was horrible. He sounded flat, he had no stage presence, and he pretty much butchered Maiden's songs.

I have one of his solo CDs in Wolfsbane and don't think it's half bad. But my impression of his work will forever be tainted by his brief stint in Maiden.
Give Blaze(The Band) a second chance, man. They are awesome!:headbang:

I agree all Blaze's solo albums rule. I didn't think he was as bad in Maiden as most people did, some good stuff on X Factor and Virtual, but his solo stuff really shows what he can do.

I sure wish he could at least play at the Showcase, if not at PPUSA itself. The live CDs and the live DVD are a must-have for all Blaze-era Maiden fans!
THE X-FACTOR 9.75/10
Virtual XI 5/10

Haven't heard any of his solo disks but his Maiden work was an abomination.... As Randy Jackson would say... He's a bit pitchy!
Those MAiden albums are almost unlistenable to me and I'm not a picky person at all.

I also love X-Factor. One of my favorite Iron Maiden discs. I've only heard his first two solo cds after Maiden, but I think they're really good. He certainly wasn't a good fit for Iron Maiden though.

The Pearl Room in Chicago is listing a date for Blaze on March 1st. If this is accurate, I will be there for sure.

:headbang:

Um, I think technically speaking Blaze's singing style is not appealing to me. But he is semi-entertaining to listen to. "The Clansman" always brings a smile to my face, but probably for the wrong reasons.

"I AM THE CLAAAAAAAANSSSSSSS......MAN"