British Musician Analyses/Reacts To Videos

Ggorp

Feb 6, 2010
I'm probably late to the party with this but just in case it's been missed––

I've recently come across this young man's videos. Like the title says, he analyses and reacts to performances from his own vocalist and guitarist perspective. He does so for diverse sounds, from Roy Clark to Frank Zappa to Patsy Cline to Yes to Tommy Emmanuel, etc,etc. His knowledge, appreciation and joy for music is infectious.

You can check his 'page' at YouTube via the following samples of what he does:

(Links to the actual full performances are in the descriptions.)

Personally I find these reaction videos silly. There are tons of them littering Youtube. Its essentially click bait just designed to make money for the person who set up the channel. The worst one is the "vocal coach" who watches old clips of Geoff Tate and Dio and we get to see her go into orgasm. The Lost In Las Vegas guys are OK but it becomes boring after awhile. We get it - you've never been exposed to Dream Theater or Pink Floyd and now you are hearing it for the first time so we're supposed to sit and watch your jaw drop. Meh. YMMV.

Reactions: Liquid Tension
I hear what you're saying, but I don't take this guy that way. There's gushing by him to be sure, but it's not from a first time listener. I've not seen others. I don't know how much money he makes from it but I don't begrudge him doing so if it's made honestly. This whole type of thing––reviewing this way––is new to me. If he's being dishonest/stealing, I'll stop watching immediately. Maybe in time I'll get bored with it.

Like you said, YMMV.