CALLENISH CIRCLE studio updates from Maurice Brouwers (bass)!

Gaunerin

vanquish the pain
Oct 5, 2001
ensamhetens vildmark
Hi there folks... you probably expected some lines from Rocco here, so first let me introduce myself. My name is Maurice Brouwers, bass player from Dutch Thrash band Engine of Pain. Just a couple weeks ago I got a quite surprisingly and unexpected phone call from the Callenish lads if I wanted to play bass on their new album... and of course I wanted to do that! So after a couple of very intensive rehearsals and long days working together with Ron and Gav we managed to create some really cool bass lines. Before we actually started recording we had to find a suitable bass sound and in order to get that sound we borrowed some equipment here and there. Thanx and appreciation go out to Junior (Desentisised) & Pol (Morning)! We tried a couple of different set ups and finally found a very heavy and bad ass sound. The first very long recording day went pretty well and we recorded almost 5 songs. I only had some sound problems with my bass, so we decided to record with my other bass which sounded much heavier. The second day was again a very long working day and it was more difficult since these songs were quite new song to me. Some of them were re-written/arranged in the studio, so also most of the bass lines had to be re-written/arranged in the studio. But together with Gail (producer) and Ron I managed to record them and they really sound killer. Next week I will record some minor stuff that we didn’t have time for this time.

Next up is Pat to record some shredding vocals... go for it!

In other news, Callenish Circle has just confirmed a series of festival appearances.

CALLENISH CIRCLE
8/12 Prelouce, Czech Republic Brutal Assault Festival
8/19 Vigo, Spain Revoltallo Festival XII
10/12 Amersfoort, Holland Synergic Forces Festival
11/12 Sliedrecht, Holland Metal Day Festival
11/26 Arnhem, Holland Arnhem Metal Meeting

http://www.callenish-circle.com