Jun 11, 2010
"A View From The Top Of The World"track listing:

01. The Alien (9:32)
02. Answering The Call (7:35)
03. Invisible Monster (6:31)
04. Sleeping Giant (10:05)
05. Transcending Time (6:25)
06. Awaken The Master (9:47)
07. A View From The Top Of The World(20:24)

DREAM THEATER is also planning to hit the road in support of the new album. The "Top Of The World" tour of North America kicks off on October 28 in Mesa, Arizona and runs through December 14 where it concludes in St. Petersburg, Florida. Information on tickets for all upcoming shows as well as VIP packages can be found at www.dreamtheater.net.

dreamtheateraview.jpg
dreamtheaterviewtour2021.jpg

Thats great news. Sure hope it works out with covid starting back up with breakthrough cases and the new delta strain. Heck, I'm just hoping we get to see everyone back in Atlanta in June. Still this is great news. If anyone can pull it off, it will be Dream Theater.

Thoughts on “the alien” yet? I really like this. I know some here are going to say “eh”, but after listening to it several times I think it’s the best first single they’ve released off any of their albums IMO

Thoughts on “the alien” yet? I really like this. I know some here are going to say “eh”, but after listening to it several times I think it’s the best first single they’ve released off any of their albums IMO

Bold statement! Better than "Pull Me Under"?

I listened to it once only, and it certainly screams "Dream Theater" through and through. I much prefer to wait and just hear the whole album when it releases, so will wait eagerly for October now. I am thinking we're in for something maybe heavier (ala Train of Thought?) as that is a bit overdue now.....

It’s a very good album and the best of the mangini era especially because of the production and sound of the record. A dramatic turn of events may have better songs but the production brings that record down so much.