Classic (hilarious) Manowar interview from 80s (must watch)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
I just happened across this olddddddd Manowar video interview (crap quality ) from the pre-Ricki Rachtman Headbanger's Ball (mid 80s, 87ish ??). They had this GOOF of a non-metal host at the time.

Hilarious Manowar lines in this thing, and watch Ross the Boss on the right reacting to the answers - you know its off the wall when your own band member can't help but laugh!

For you youngsters, he makes a reference to the exploding glam metal scene at the time where glamsters wore all the crazy spandex designs etc. - hilarious description.

Last edited:
i liked it when he said the muscles proved his metalness. All muscled men at concerts should now remove their shirts.

and coming up we have the 'very hip, very happening' clip from AC/DC - Back in Black, from the album 'Shook Me all Night Long'

:guh:

*shakes head* I now thank my lucky stars for Rachtman.

Ah! That's his name. Yep, easily the most hated MTV "VJ".
To this day, I still don't get the appeal of Manowar....:erk:

Well...maybe you still have a pair of pants with fruit on them hanging in your closet, which is like Kryptonite for understanding TRUE Metal - not that wimp rock! Hehe.

"Real mennnnnn play on tennn!" :kickass:

Well...maybe you still have a pair of pants with fruit on them hanging in your closet, which is like Kryptonite for understanding TRUE Metal - not that wimp rock! Hehe.

"Real mennnnnn play on tennn!" :kickass:

Your beanbag has definately fallen out of your loin cloth, bro! :lol:

No fruity-pants here! :heh:

:lol:I have loved Manowar since the early 80's and have never saw that interview. Brings back memories, like the classic Van Halen album, "Eruption"!:lol:

and coming up we have the 'very hip, very happening' clip from AC/DC - Back in Black, from the album 'Shook Me all Night Long'

:guh:

*shakes head* I now thank my lucky stars for Rachtman.

I always preferred Adam Curry, despite his slightly silly good-boy looks, because he was sincere. He was into computer stuff wayyy back -- he was the original owner of mtv.com -- and operated a computer BBS out of his house in NJ, which I used to be a member of. That is how I got to know him a bit. I respect anyone who quits his cushy MTV VJ job because they weren't playing enough music. He did that without warning one day. :kickass:

I always preferred Adam Curry, despite his slightly silly good-boy looks, because he was sincere. He was into computer stuff wayyy back -- he was the original owner of mtv.com -- and operated a computer BBS out of his house in NJ, which I used to be a member of. That is how I got to know him a bit. I respect anyone who quits his cushy MTV VJ job because they weren't playing enough music. He did that without warning one day. :kickass:

I liked him as well for the same reason. Headbangers Ball was the best with Curry on it. Rachman came on and it just started going down hill..Talk about losing a source of sincerity with the departure of Curry and then to shift to Rachman..With him came Biohazzard, Propain, and I don't remember seeing much of any bands with good clean high range singers or really much good metal with his arrival.