Credit Card Scam Alert ATl Hilton Hotels!

Just FYI folks, I called the Homewood Suites Hilton on June 27 and reserved a nice room using my hilton hhonors points.
On July 1, my credit card number started popping up all over the Atlanta area, at gas stations, barns and noble, kroger, publix, etc. Someone is skimming card numbers, and everyone booking rooms at the hilton hotels there should grab their itemized bills right away and make sure they are not getting screwed...
Some fucker is gonna burn for this, guaranteed...

The card is STILL getting used...Amex reissued the card to me with a different PIN, but apparently that does not stop people from using the card that they have already created with the old PIN.

CHECK. YOUR. BILLS people!

I just spent 45 minutes on the phone clearing up another 200$ in fraudulent charges!

That sucks. I have to admit I'm surprised AMEX did not cancel the card and reissue you a new one all together. When it happened to me, Chase had me a new one in 48 Hrs. via expedited delivery.

That sucks. I have to admit I'm surprised AMEX did not cancel the card and reissue you a new one all together. When it happened to me, Chase had me a new one in 48 Hrs. via expedited delivery.
That's actually really surprising for Amex - I had an Amex stolen last month and they were incredibly on point with handling it. I received an email around 2 AM one night with a fraud alert, the card stopped working right then, then when I woke up and called in they cancelled the card right away and they had my new card to me the following day.

Amex is known for protecting their card members in situations like this, it sounds like something didn't get handled correctly once the card was stolen. If you call back and tell them what's going on, they should just cancel it and ship you out a new card with a different number, expiration, and security code.

What everyone else has said on AMEX, that's weird, they wouldn't let me pay for a train ticket in Paris while I was still in Atlanta (got pinged since I only go a couple times a year). And Visa (via my bank and the actual credit co.) have always been really good about either stopping, or calling me when multiple purchases in a city I don't normally go to start showing up.

Really sorry this happened to you, and call Hilton. This means that it's someone on their local staff.

So sorry to hear this. In times past I've had both my Discover and Visa card numbers swiped and used fraudulently.

Speaking of AMEX, they're usually really good on stopping fraudulent activity, maybe too much so. I was on vacation earlier this week and tried to use it to buy gas. Not only did they stop the transaction, but they called me AND send me E-mails. Had to call them to have it turned back on.