Dark Forest - Great trad metal from the UK

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
This band is very English sounding indeed and they bleed NWOBHM styled metal from every pore. The production is a bit rough and not polished but again this is perfect for the style of music. The singer's voice is awesome for me. He's very expressive and sings the words very clearly which I like a lot. A lot of singers are technically great but don't sing the words clearly unlike this guy who whilst a limited singer sings with great expression and loud and proud. The music is old school galloping true metal about mystical themes. Two songs on YT and both are great. The Tor is midpaced and epic and reminds me of Doomsword and old Manowar. Black Delta is a faster paced galloping song that reminds me of Twisted Tower Dire. I came across this band before and I found them to be weak but my have they improved. If you enjoy classic NWOBHM styled metal you will love Dark Forest's new album for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
very good band....their new one is on Cruz Del Sur and comes out in a week or so. The first had some good stuff but with the old singer...the EP is tons better and I have super high hopes for the new disc. Hopefulyl a band to look out for.

bump...

DARK FOREST - BEYOND THE VEIL ALBUM DETAILS REVEALED

"...UK metallers Dark Forest will release their new album, Beyond The Veil, on August 26th via Cruz Del Sur Music..."

darkforestalbumjune.jpg