DELAIN Announces New Singer

NorseBlood

franks n steins
Nov 6, 2013
Smashville
DELAIN Announces New Singer, Shares 'The Quest And The Curse' Single

"DELAIN, the brainchild of keyboardist, founder and main songwriter Martijn Westerholt, has announced its new lineup. Rejoining the fold and bolstering the band's continuity are original guitarist Ronald Landa and original drummer Sander Zoer, while new members, singer Diana Leah and bassist Ludovico Cioffi, continue the evolution of DELAIN's sound."

more here:
https://blabbermouth.net/news/delain-announces-new-singer-shares-the-quest-and-the-curse-single

Delain: The Quest and the Curse

Last edited:
Reactions: Mardoch
Not the biggest Delain fan in the world, but this sounds great to me. The last couple albums felt a bit "stale" and this sounds more refreshed / heavier.... Granted, it's only one tune, but I'm excited to hear more.

Reactions: NorseBlood
I concur with both of your observations and agree. This new single still has the Delain sound, but its also heavier and refreshed. Lets hope the band continues along this same path because it does sound good. This single will surely help ticket sales for next year's Progpower (as if it needed any help given Glenn's 2023 lineup). Let me be the first to say: "Sellout is imminent. You have been warned. " ;)

DELAIN To Release Dark Waters Album In February; Official Music Video Posted For New Single "Beneath"

"...Setting off into a new era, metal greats Delain recently returned with a new lineup, impressively proving that they are stronger than any machine with their standalone single “The Quest and The Curse”. Fuelled by massive support and enthusiasm all around the globe, the multi-million streaming leading outfit now finally sets the stage for their eagerly awaited next studio album, entitled Dark Waters, out February 10 via Napalm Records..."

delaincd1122.jpeg

Reactions: NorseBlood
Sounds really good. Diana Leah's vocals sound great & the band seems really tight right now. Looking forward to their new album.

DELAIN AND VISIONS OF ATLANTIS ANNOUNCE SEPTEMBER NORTH AMERICAN TOUR

DelainDarkWatersOverNorthAmerica.jpg

September
9 – Atlanta, GA – ProgPower USA
10 – Charlotte, NC – The Underground
12 – Philadelphia, PA – The Foundry
13 – New York, NY – Gramercy Theater
14 – Worcester, MA – Palladium
15 – Montreal, QC – Foufounes
16 – Toronto, ON – Velvet Underground
18 – Chicago, IL – Bottom Lounge
20 – Denver, CO – Bluebird