Disillusion - Back to Times of Splendor

King Chaos

Pomeo Osoponeor
Mar 19, 2004
Chronosynclasticinfundibulum
www.myspace.com
Possibly the most inspired modern metal album ever., 8 Oct 2006
Reviewer: Gavin Turner (UK)

I could piece together a well worded review talking deeply about the musical landscapes, visionary harmonies and quality unique crushing riffs that do not relent on Back to Times of Splendor, but instead I'm just going to say an acquaintance of mine who despises metal agrees that this album is the greatest modern musical achievement of all time. My friends who do like metal also share that opinion. Back to Times of Splendor is essential to fans of GOOD music, and if you're actually into extreme music, you'll definately get an extra kick out of this masterpiece.

It's an album that you can return to over and over, even from day to day, and just completely involve yourself in the musical journey without ever growing tiresome of the melodies. Disillusion give new inspiring personality to progressive music, and introduce rare levels of intelligence and integrity to metal. Similar bands would be hard to name, as no other band has ever touched on the glorious epic yet almost jazzy style of disillusion. Perhaps a cross between opeth in progressive tone and style of riffs with the uplifiting melody of Insomnium, the progressive originality of dream theater and the soul of Neurosis would being to paint what can only be described as the cystine chapel of metal.