Do you think I'm getting Screwed on ebay?

KeithRT99

BOOSH.
Nov 8, 2005
Vallejo,CA
www.soundclick.com
I won a boss HM2 on ebay on may 9th, and paid immediately with paypal. The payment went through on a few days later on the 12th. The mailing specs said USPS parcel post 8$, which I paid.

I didn't hear anthing form the seller until i contacted him, he replied on the 14th saying he shipped it tuesday using priority mail. I contacted him again and recieved a message on the 20th saying that it should have arrived and it still hadn't.

the message says this:
You should have had it by Friday. There is no tracking number with priority mail. The auction was for regular mail but I paid the extra for priority to get it there quicker. I have the receipt to prove when and where it was shipped. I'm sorry maybe the mail is really slow or someone got to it before you. I can provide copy of receipt if you would like.

It's the 27th, and my patience is wearing thin. I'm trying hard to trust the seller, but I'm green and I worry I'm gonna be out 50ish bucks. I sent him another message asking for the receipt so I can contact USPS, or if he had any confirmation that it made it or what.

Does anyone see any red flags here? Am I being paranoid? should I file a paypal claim. what happens if i file a claim and the package arrives?

I really wanted ebay to work, and I've been incredibly hesitant to use it.

UPDATE: I have the receipt, he did ship it. I'm going to go into the post office tomorrow and see if they can tell me anything.

What am I supposed to do if I don't get this pedal? Do i ask for my money back? do i eat it? I mean it's not his fault if the pedal got taken/never made it. THIS BLOWS.

If he's got 100% feedback, you can be pretty sure he's telling the truth. Most sellers value their feedback pretty highly. Double check that the address and everything is correct. If so, definitely get the information you need and call USPS.

I've sent a lot of stuff throughout the years and sometimes had troubles with packages not being delivered.
Just go to your post office and claim an inquiry, Domestic Claim, Registered Mail Inquiry or whatever it's called there where you live :D
Some packages actually can get lost but most turn up sooner or later once you push them a bit...so good luck!!

Doesn't sound like the seller is trying to rip you off.

All I know is that the USPS is crap for shipping and I try to avoid it when at all possible. When I bought my NS10s a while back, I had to go into the post office to pick up the package, and the box was all smashed looking...plus the guy at the counter didn't put the box down on the counter very nicely at all, despite the fact that there were "FRAGILE" stickers on the box... Luckily, the NS10s were not broken...well, except for the fact that the eBay seller described them as "mint condition", when in fact they were not, and also NEITHER OF THE TWEETERS WORKED AT ALL, and the seller was being a total douche about the whole thing. He totally would not give me any sort of refund, unless I paid to ship them back to him, and he refused to help cover even PART of the cost of new tweeters.

I'd say your seller sounds legit, though...

All I know is that the USPS is crap for shipping and I try to avoid it when at all possible. When I bought my NS10s a while back, I had to go into the post office to pick up the package, and the box was all smashed looking...plus the guy at the counter didn't put the box down on the counter very nicely at all, despite the fact that there were "FRAGILE" stickers on the box... Luckily, the NS10s were not broken...well, except for the fact that the eBay seller described them as "mint condition", when in fact they were not, and also NEITHER OF THE TWEETERS WORKED AT ALL, and the seller was being a total douche about the whole thing. He totally would not give me any sort of refund, unless I paid to ship them back to him, and he refused to help cover even PART of the cost of new tweeters.

I'd say your seller sounds legit, though...

What an asshole (him).

yea man, dont let one bad experience sour you from ebay. I've bought hundreds of items on ebay over the last decade and can count on my two hands the bad experiences.

while i hate the practices of both fedex and ups, i've had a couple problems with usps in the past too. one package of 3 dvds arrived 14 months later, after i already got my paypal refund and left negative feedback for a seller. i felt bad about that... another time i received an opened, empty box from the usps and they wouldnt do shit about even though it was obvious someone at their facilities stole the audio component inside! but as i said, those two experiences need to be coupled with the hundreds of times they got it right.

it sucks to have a bad experience up front, but ebay has gotten so huge and popular for a reason. its mostly all good

I had to deal with something like this once. Luckily it was for a 15$ cable. They left it on my doorstep (I live in East Oakland, GHETTO) and someone took it. After calling the USPS numerous times the Superviser actually told me to "Fuck Off" and hung up on me. Nothing I could do. Contacted the seller and he sent me another cable for free. But that probably won't happen when it's someone selling a one-off personal item like your situation. But, be ready for the USPS to do absolutely nothing.

^ yeah I live in vallejo, which is also considered ghetto. Probably the 4th ghettoist place in the bay. Maybe the 5th if you include antioch as the bay.

I think it might have been stolen. The guy seems legit, i've been talking to him about it and he's been good. I talked to the dude at my post office and said there was no package there for me. So the seller is going to see if his post office can tell him anything.

the shittiest part is that thet seller opted to pay an extra 10$ out of his own pocket for priority mail, but didn't pay for a tracking number. The guy at my post office told me it would have been 70 cents more.

if i can't find it, what should i do? It's probably not the guys fault the I never got the pedal. The most likely scenerio is that it got stolen off of my doorstep, or lost in the mail. I don't want to fuck the guy over, but I'd like to have my money back. Should i bother with a paypal claim? Would they refund me, or would he have to give me my money back or what? I would feel like a dick if i got all my money back, because the guy spent like 20 on shipping and lost a pedal, but I would be out about 50 for nothing.