End of Destiny - We the Walking Dead Brought Back to Life

Dec 21, 2003
Sudbury, Canada
End of Destiny - We the Walking Dead Brought Back to Life
Open Grave Records - 2006
By Adam McAuley

endofdestiny.gif

This is a considerably powerful album that has an effective way of slowly building your interest with spoken word dialogue before delving into the more exciting portions of what it has to offer. End of Destiny play a sort of metalcore, but with a particular passion that is quite commendable, despite having a short running time, as with the other albums I've reviewed recently. They manage to weave a very anti-religious vibe into their offering as well, which is quite commendable as well.

The progression of the album is its strongest aspect starting with the lighter portions and then moving into the chaotic, passionate ones. The latter moments sort of have a converging approach and really hit you at unexpected times creating a fairly rugged landscape. Again, the short running time really hurts some of these recent albums I've reviewed, because had the length of this one been extended for example the bands compelling idea may have been put into fuller fruition. As with the Refraction album, the last song is definately the best one, but there's a huge unfinished to the proceedings and one would wish for the cd to be twice its actual running length.

But having to attempt to judge it from it's given merits, and perhaps view it as a demo of sorts because of this, End of Destiny play a pretty effective brand of music for what they're given. Quite a fun little album for its running time, but again I wish it was longer because the album feels like it's in need of a ton of development and progress. We the Walking Dead Brought Back to Life is regardless a reasonably good listen.

6/10

UM's Review Rating Scale

Official End of Destiny Website
Official Open Grave Records Website