Georgina + Christina SQUEEZE THE ZUCCHINIS!

MEFlyingV

Sep 13, 2004
NYC, USA
www.overlorde.com
zucchini_800x540.jpg

First time attendee Georgina (left) and veteran Christina (Stardust2112) doing
SQUEEZE THE ZUCCHINIS!

OK I gotta explain this.

I brought my girlfriend, Georgina, down to ProgPower as my birthday gift to her. Her birthday was that Wednesday. She and Christina have gotten to be friends bcause we are all part of the NYC Tristate Heavy Metal Meetup Group at meetup.com. Georgina is the organizer and I am the assistant organizer.

The prior week Georgina and I had watched the ProgPower DVD so she could get an idea about the fest and the great community that I had been telling her about (I had attended for the first time the prior year).

When we got to the SQUEEZE THE ORANGES part on the DVD with the crew, she said something like:

"Squeeze the oranges? How about us girls? It should be SQUEEZE THE ZUCCHINIS!"

So we HAD to get a shot like that during the fest!

In all seriousness the weekend was great. Glenn, Shane, Shawn and crew all did an excellent job and Georgina loved it also. She couldn't believe the friendliness of everyone. She described it as a "big cocktail party with metal". Which pretty much does sum it up.

We definitely plan to return next year!

And to all the lovely ladies posing for corset pictures next year, be sure to strike the pose now called SQUEEZE THE ZUCCHINIS!

I'm gonna go offtopic here and just let you know that I think I caught you staring at my Devil's Island shirt on Friday...haha

I remember you playing at Brooklyn Metal Fest with them a few months back.
I'm still kicking myself for not saying hi. It's a shame what happened with those lousy brits that day.

Kaosaur said:
I'm gonna go offtopic here and just let you know that I think I caught you staring at my Devil's Island shirt on Friday...haha

I remember you playing at Brooklyn Metal Fest with them a few months back.
I'm still kicking myself for not saying hi. It's a shame what happened with those lousy brits that day.

Ahh well I dont recall seeing a Devils Island T-shirt this weekend. And I certainly hope I wasn't staring, especially if you are female. Perhaps I was zoned out in thought or looking past you?

Yes be sure to introduce yourself any time

The guitar is close to being finished actually. The neck is glued back onto the body and its stripped and prepped for repainting.

I didnt even know the guys were British until last week, btw.

OK now, back on topic.

SQUEEZE THE ZUCCHINIS!

I forgot to thank Deron for all his help. I worked with him to place an advertisement in the program and one of my solo tunes on the CD sampler.

THANKS DERON! It was cool to finally meet you in person this weekend.

Ha ha, squeeze the zucchinis, great idea! And they look very, very serious about this practice! Hmmm, must be some big zucchinis. :heh:

Seriously, it was great having Georgina with us for ProgPower. Hope it becomes a habit. And it would never be the same w/o Christina! Rock on, Metal Sisters! :headbang: