getting daughter guitar for christmas...feedback

Just as a follow-up and to add more credence to your choice... my son's Ibanez RG120 arrived last week. It needed a setup pretty bad (luckily I'm good with that myself), but once I tuned it up adjusted it, I played it for a little while thorugh my practice setup and DAMN that thing plays great and sounds very good! That guitar is so many orders of magnitude better than what I started out with! Hell, even with the nice guitars I do own, if I ended up on stage with it, I wouldn't complain! Not bad for $160 (including shipping and the hard shell case)!

Merry Christmas too! :kickass:

Sweet, Rick! How did he like it?
Both of my sons LOVED their gifts! I put some elbow grease into the SR400 bass and it turned out fantastic! My 9 y/o loves it and has been practicing a LOT! He's quite the natural. I coached his mother and she got him a Hartke B30 practice amp. At my house, he is playing through a Trace Ellliot 280W head and an Ampeg 4x10 - it sounds AWESOME!! My 11 y/o also loves his guitar and has been practicing all the time too. Unfortunately, he only gets to use my old Peavey practice combo amp. My Mesa stays right where it is along with my Line 6 practice rig.

To get them started with something easy and keep their interest, I'm teaching them For Whom the Bell Tolls. Once they have it down real good, I'll go back and explain things a bit more than I did as an intro. Then as I'll start a new song and follow the same process. So hopefully, their interest will remain high as they are learning some cool songs and I can use them to introduce theory to them as well.