Hardcore Techno

NinjaGeek

Feb 22, 2007
Eh, so I randomly decided to check this genre out, and I like a lot of stuff in it. So far the artists I like are.

Angerfist
Frazzbass
Hellfish & Producer
Jason S
Speedfreak

Sorry if some of these are slightly classified wrong, I don't know too much about electronic music. So just curious what are some good electronic bands at the more extreme end of the spectrum?

No responses? I find this surprising since underground techno can be pretty aggressive at times, I'd think there's be a few metalhead who were into it, or at least someone who'd step in and say "techno sucks!"

Hardcore techno sounds like a crazy idea to me. I'll take a listen later and give you my input.

I don't know exactly what hardcore techno is. I'm not much for techno really, but I listen to this swedish band called Masugn, I don't know if they classify as techno or not. It's much more raw than any kind of techno I've ever heard, and the vocals are shrieked and heavily distorted. And they're pretty awesome.

I am a huge house fan. To me I dont want dance to be "hard" but more, well, dance-able. I know thats not metal or whatever but fuck it.

OK, I've looked up some hardcore techno, and I'm pretty sure Masugn classifies as that. I strongly recommend you try them.

I haven't gotten into much Hardcore Techno. I used to go to a club that played Hardcore Acid Techno in the late nineties, but I got sick of the style pretty quickly and moved on to Psychedelic Trance, which has some really hard dark stuff as well. Tech Trance is another genre that has some very cool heavy stuff. I put some links up in another thread a while ago, let me know if you're interested and I'll find them.

I haven't gotten into much Hardcore Techno. I used to go to a club that played Hardcore Acid Techno in the late nineties, but I got sick of the style pretty quickly and moved on to Psychedelic Trance, which has some really hard dark stuff as well. Tech Trance is another genre that has some very cool heavy stuff. I put some links up in another thread a while ago, let me know if you're interested and I'll find them.

definitely, kind of new to the whole electronic genre as a whole, and looking to learn about all the various catagories

I am a huge house fan. To me I dont want dance to be "hard" but more, well, dance-able. I know thats not metal or whatever but fuck it.

Hey I listen to plenty of not-metal type stuff too, but to me hardcore techno is very very headbangable, and if you can get into metal, I don't think hardcore techno is a terribly huge stretch.

I don't know what constitutes as hardcore techno to you, but most of the stuff that came out of the Dutch electronic hardcore scene (gabber, hardstyle, etc.) is pretty much unlistenable to me. I can see no musical or artistic merit in it at all and it doesn't even appear to be made for that purpose either. It is mostly just sound that people enjoy while they're high on XTC at a rave.

I listen to a ton of electronic music but I'll pass on that stuff.

I don't know what constitutes as hardcore techno to you, but most of the stuff that came out of the Dutch electronic hardcore scene (gabber, hardstyle, etc.) is pretty much unlistenable to me. I can see no musical or artistic merit in it at all and it doesn't even appear to be made for that purpose either. It is mostly just sound that people enjoy while they're high on XTC at a rave.

I listen to a ton of electronic music but I'll pass on that stuff.

I can see where you're coming from, some of it can be pretty repetitive, and I'll probably seek out more spastic complex stuff eventually.

Almost all electronic subgenres are more worthy of your attention than this one really. There just isn't much substance to it. That's my opinion anyway.

Building on Satanstoenail's reply, I recommend checking out Are You Shpongled? by Shpongle. It is a mix of psy-trance and ambient/downtempo. It is still one of my favourite electronic albums.

Building on Satanstoenail's reply, I recommend checking out Are You Shpongled? by Shpongle. It is a mix of psy-trance and ambient/downtempo. It is still one of my favourite electronic albums.

Yeah good album, very psychedelic and very musical. I find it a tad "hippy" for my taste though.