How are you all!

Soldier777

Sep 4, 2011
Newfoundland, Canada
I figured I would do my first post even though I've been a member for about a few weeks and how I got into Theocracy. I am from the east coast of Canada. Not Nova Scotia but further east which is Newfoundland and Labrador. for those who don't know where that is the Titanic sank around 400 miles south east off our coast line of the island of Newfounbdland. Also, during the 9/11 terrorist attacks when the planes were grounded the airport town of Gander and surrounding communities took in several thousands Americans. Our current Nwefoundland premier, Kathy Dunderdale and the mayor of Gander were commemorated in Washington by American federal delegates around September 8 leading to the 10th anniversary. This was a bit of trivia for you all.

I have been a huge fan of christian rock and metal for over 25 years and I have a small music colection of around 200-250 CDs. The first rock and metal bands I got into in 1985 were:

Petra - More Power To Ya/Not of This World/Beat the System
Rez/Resurrection Band - Hostage
Daniel Band - Run From the Darkness
Stryper - Soldiers Under Command

Other current favorite bands in not particular order are:

White Heart
Angelica
Barren Cross
Bloodgood
Daniel Band
Deliverance
Guardian
Holy Soldier
Jerusalem
John Elefante/Mastedon
Magdallan/Magdalen
Joshua
Siloam
Sacred Warrior
Michael Sweet
Sin Dizzy
Saint
Shout/KenTamplin
Whitecross
X-Sinner
HB
Rob Rock (abd his other projects like Impellitteri, Fires of Babylon and Driver)
and the procressive secular group Dream Theater

Where alot of the band I have listed are older from time to time I would seek out newer bands with that classic rock or metal sound that may also have an updated current sount as well. I heard of Theocracy back around 2005 and Iheard some stuff fromm the debut. Then I previewed MoS back around 2008/09 on you tube and I was hooked. I finally ordered their 2 CDs from their web site in 2010 and I have been a fan ever since.

I currently have the digipak verson of MoS currently on order and I look forward to the release of As The World Bleeds. I think my wife may not let me open it until christmas. She did the same thing with A Dramatic Turn of Events by Dream Theater. LOL! I also have the 3 Saint originals rereleased by Retroactive Records (Warriors of the Son/Time's End/Too Late For Living) and the Classic Petra DVD concert and documentary and a T shirt.

I got into Theocracy where they had a classic/power/progressice metal elements in their misic. On parts of their songs you can hear elements that reminds me of Iron maiden and Dream Theater. For example, the into to Laying the Demon to Rest reminds me of a Dream Theater instrumental break in the middle of a song or an intro.

Over the past several years there are a few top albums in no particular order that are my all time favorites:

1. Stryper - To Hell With The Devil
2. Daniel Band - Run from the Darkness
3. X-Sinner - Get It
4. Petra - More Power To Ya
5. Theocracy - Mirror Of Souls
6. Joshua - Intense Defense

MoS is definitely one of them.

That's all I have to say here and I look forward to posting comments soon. Live fast, live loud, stay close to God and keep your feet on The ROCK of Jesus Christ and His Word and keep watching for His return....................

Rocking for the ROCK and keeping it metal \../

Mike

:headbang::)