how to do screaming?

I find chocolate milk works great, I shit you not.
sorry for the bump but..
then you've got the wrong technique... if u know how to, you wont need ANYthing to "protect" your vocals, it hurts nuthing... the first link on the wikihow describes it very good...
milk things things really "protect" your vocals, but you suffer on sound, and you dont need any protection since it doesnt hurt =) alcoholic things make your vocals dry, which is bad too.
but getting a br00tal sound takes time and practise with the "right" technique, where the "wrong" doesnt. warming up is necessary too

just my 2 cents =)

lad said:
If it's that "core" or "scene" scream sound ye're after, I personally find after drinking heavily, a forced dry-heave (fingers down throat for the fucking ignorant ingrates) always produces spot-on results!
agreed 100% but thats not using the screaming /growling technique

Firstly don't be a pussy and secondly don't try because you can never grow to be as good as a musician/vocalist as me because your just shit go sell your guitar on ebay and cut yourself.

hey guys! i'm new to this forum. I've just started this band and i've written some awesome lyrics and awesome riffs. But can someone give me advice on how to start screaming please? btw, huge fan of children of bodom:headbang:

tarzan_grito.jpg

hey guys! i'm new to this forum. I've just started this band and i've written some awesome lyrics and awesome riffs. But can someone give me advice on how to start screaming please? btw, huge fan of children of bodom:headbang:

"guitar god"? You fucking arrogant cunt.

Don't do it first thing in the morning, it hurts like a bitch! And make sure your surroundings are completely comfortable or else it won't come out right :lol:
rubbish, it doesnt hurt when you know how to :lol:
but i must agree, it SOUNDS like shit in the morning :D

^I'm at the point too where I don't need anything and it doesn't hurt, but they're asking how to LEARN. You'll definately need some aid if you're just starting out or else you'll definitely fuck your throat up.

^I'm at the point too where I don't need anything and it doesn't hurt, but they're asking how to LEARN. You'll definately need some aid if you're just starting out or else you'll definitely fuck your throat up.
hmm well for me there was a "breaking" point, when someone posted an awesome "tutorial"..
i was just using the wrong part of my throat for that..
what helped for me: try to miow like a kitten, or try to do it like marge simpson :D
anyhow.. close your mouth, sing a high note and push the "note back into your nose and lung"..
hard to describe :D