idea for a sticker? don't forget your metal roots!

Oak Knoll

Oak Knoll Productions
May 17, 2002
Attleboro, MA USA
www.oak-knoll.com
I'm so sick of lame metal on uranium and headbangers balls

so I'm thinking of a graphic of some sorts with
a ban sign or something saying
no metalcore
no screamo
no emo
don't forget your metal roots

oak knoll metal
(deep roots in extreme metal)

whatcha think?

I saw on a zine "100% hardcore free"
kinda like it but I've always been nice about not bashing this crap hehe!
I think i had a hardcore phase back in 1989 for like 2 months.
oh.. and maybe some other comment on the sticker? "no pretty boy music here!"

hehe nah, it the sticker said "no gay metal" then I think it would be homophobic! I'm sure I'm not the first metal head that sometimes wishes there was less dillution of the metal scene (especially on those metal video shows). I know it almost sounds prejudice but I'm actually the metal world's best supporter. I used to help metalcore bands but had a hard time saying "look, i wish you guys played heavier metal .. the breakdowns are just too lame" hehe!

I was just toying with the sticker idea.. or maybe some banners on my site. I'm not worried about losing hardcore or metalcore lovers.. Someone told me once.. just get a pretty band playing pretty music and I said FOCK THAT!
What's more important ? money or the music you love?

Pretty boy music is this like Atreyu? any of these lame semi goth kiddies.. i think black metal would scare them. It's a whole generation thing. Myspace promotes that kinda scene. It's just not for me and the old generation of extreme metal peeps. That pretty boy metalcore scene just irks me. I was part of the big nerd misanthropic metal scene back in high school 1989. So this is all just a regurgitation over the year.. but commercialized and smoothed over.

Hehe.. maybe I should join a debate forum :)

I'm not really that bad.. just when I have to fast forward through Norma Jean, Atreyu, and others just to see one black metal video on Uranium.. I just think to myself.. THAT AINT METAL!