Just saw my first Nightwish show....

metal71

Jul 19, 2002
Las Vegas
www.lasvegasmetal.com
Live at WACKEN! I have to say, just killer. Met Marco and Jukka at Headbanger's Ballroom in Hamburg. Both cool dudes, very gracious to anyone who wanted to say 'hi'... They even had their own Nightwish beer!

Other highlights -

Metal Church - Check out the new LP. Munroe is the perfect singer for this band.

Accept - UDO, and both original guitarists. Amazing set, amazing sound.

Edguy - These guys could work a stage the size of a football field.

Goddess of Desire - Celtic Frost meets Spinal Tap. So bad, they're good! Damn funny to watch, especially after a dozen German beers.

Overkill - Still a great live band. A machine for kicking your teeth in.

Others -

Candlemass
Kreator
Metallium
Hammerfall

I think I would have the opportunity to go to WOA next year if I wanted to. Their recent lineups haven't been really amazing for me, though. They get a decent number of bands I like, but not much I really love. The half of Darkthrone performance last year would have been interesting to see, though.

The thing you have to understand about Wacken is this - there's usually about 70 bands on the bill, spread across 4 stages, with as many as 3 going at a time. We worked it out to where we estimate the most bands you could actually watch for an entire set would be about 20 over 3 days, unless you do like me and sample twice as many for half a set at a time. So, lineup aside, if you can pick 20 or so bands you're interested in, you'll keep plenty busy...

Yeah, I would imagine....^_^

I like the Inferno Festival's lineup a lot better in general, but unfortunately that won't be a possibility. -_-

Maybe Wacken will have Arcturus next year.