Keepers

Metman

Buffalo Bills /Mets/Rangers Fan
Jan 19, 2006
Long Island
Ok, What do you have in your cd collection, that you will never get rid of, Eventhought you have it for yrs or decades,,, for me it Manfred Man or Manfred Man Earth Band.I dont even spin these any more, & I replaced all of them 25-30 0f them over the yrs, weather it was on vinyle or 8-track or cassettes.....just cant do it..:Spin::D

Selling England by the Pound- bought two vinyl copies; have never opened the one
same with Close to the Edge
and The Lamb lies down on Broadway
Animals,also
Space Revolver

jon

Wow ,Sal, I would of guessed it was your Culture Club/Pet Shop Boys Autographed collection:wave:

Bob, seriously, there is SO much I don't listen to anymore (no time ) but I find it extremely hard getting rid of any of them.
All of a sudden, I get an impulse to spin something from years ago or as my wife puts it "You are in your (Marillion,Yes, Supertramp, etc) phase this month"
Currently I am an "Arena Man";)

Bob, seriously, there is SO much I don't listen to anymore (no time ) but I find it extremely hard getting rid of any of them.
All of a sudden, I get an impulse to spin something from years ago or as my wife puts it "You are in your (Marillion,Yes, Supertramp, etc) phase this month"
Currently I am an "Arena Man";)

Im like that with every RUSH cd......:D & Renaiassance, Old Genesis,( nothing after DuKe)...

Deep Purple's Concerto for Group & Orchestra and In Concert w/ the LSO double albums, early Dream Theater & Rush. I'll never forget a drum teacher who told me that he was totally into prog rock like Yes and Rush in high school but that he grew out of it, and kind of expected me to. Hasn't happened yet...

You Never will grow out of it, "'Just when you think your over it, They pull you back in"""" Especialally all the great Polish & Finland bands, Ken will make you an offer you cant refuse,,,,, Buy or Die:(:D:D

You know what they say: "You keep listening to Prog or you end up sleepin' with the fishes!":D

The idea of getting rid of any album that I have added to the collection is an anathema to me. A collection is what it says on the tin, and if I've added an item, it is because I want it to be there.

Two things would make me change my mind - deafness (and my hearing isn't prefect these days anyway - I have to admit!) or extreme poverty.

'Till then, its 8000 albums, and growing!

Paul