Looking for replacement vocalist for project (brutal)...

Humidfume

Hey guys,

I've started writing my solo album and I'm looking to put a band together in a year or two for actual touring etc. I don't care where you are in the world as I've worked with people from different countries before (my other band Karhu had a vocalist / guitarist from Finland and we pulled off two UK tours etc)

My band Karhu looks like it's basically coming to an end as a touring band and honestly I want to play live.. It's so much fun! :D

So I have a rough track idea up here:

The track is downloadable for you guys to download and chuck vocals on!

Cheers guys!

-JP

Last edited by a moderator:
The irony being you have more of a "finnish face" than your guitar player :D I'm sure there must be a sample library for shouty vocals if you get stuck ;)

The irony being you have more of a "finnish face" than your guitar player :D I'm sure there must be a sample library for shouty vocals if you get stuck ;)

I guess the point is I want to make a band man... I want to tour etc. I literally need a whole fucking band.

It's just me right now... I can cover guitar and clean vocals etc, but I need a drummer who is ridiculous, a tight bassist (if my current friend doesn't want to do it) and a vocalist who is brutal as fuck. Hahaha I'm basically trying to build a mismatch of Textures, Meshuggah and Lamb of God members hahaha.

I have no idea where to start looking for people of that caliber.. like.. listen to those the pattern at 2:30, you don't find drummers that can do that shit easily (at least from my experience so far). Not only have you got two singles followed by a triplet over and over again (meaning the accent foot changes each time) but you have a constant triplet emphasized snare rhythm going over it and an on beat cymbal count...

I'm really hoping that I can search the forums and find people interested and available. There's a hell of a lot of talent here, so I hope I get lucky!

I don't envy anyone starting a band from scratch these days. The internet has ruined the whole process of making albums and distributing them. Music has become more junkfood like than ever other turning it into a marketing tool to advertise Facebook rather than sell an album. People think a "like" equals interest. At most it acknowledges that someone took 2 seconds to check out the page.

The playlist has practically turned all forms of music into those Various Artists compilations non-serious music people would buy in the 80s and 90s :D

Live bands blowing their savings on performing to a room full of people who can afford to get wasted but not buy a cd.

I don't envy anyone starting a band from scratch these days. The internet has ruined the whole process of making albums and distributing them. Music has become more junkfood like than ever other turning it into a marketing tool to advertise Facebook rather than sell an album. People think a "like" equals interest. At most it acknowledges that someone took 2 seconds to check out the page.

The playlist has practically turned all forms of music into those Various Artists compilations non-serious music people would buy in the 80s and 90s :D

Live bands blowing their savings on performing to a room full of people who can afford to get wasted but not buy a cd.

Well. Been there, done that, thousands of pounds in debt because of it. Still want to make music and tour...

I love playing live and I guess you just have to pick your audience / venues through experience and word of mouth to try and cut that shit down.

Yeah there is nothing like playing live. But it's easier being a session musician for an established touring band in that respect :D I did that for a while and it was a great experience and cost me nothing. Although you don't get much chance to offer any creativity or truly feel part of something.

My teenage years were in the early 90s and I really wanted to be in a full time band. In hindsight, I am glad I never took that route. Can you imagine having had some moderate success in a band and then having to do desperate talent shows a la Sebastian Bach or constantly tour doing a handful of Iron Maiden covers like Paul Di'Anno 20 years later? :D So many desperate high profile musicans around that just can't give it up.

Good luck putting your band together!

Yeah there is nothing like playing live. But it's easier being a session musician for an established touring band in that respect :D I did that for a while and it was a great experience and cost me nothing. Although you don't get much chance to offer any creativity or truly feel part of something.

My teenage years were in the early 90s and I really wanted to be in a full time band. In hindsight, I am glad I never took that route. Can you imagine having had some moderate success in a band and then having to do desperate talent shows a la Sebastian Bach or constantly tour doing a handful of Iron Maiden covers like Paul Di'Anno 20 years later? :D So many desperate high profile musicans around that just can't give it up.

Good luck putting your band together!

Thanks man.. I'm only 23 so I have a long time to scrape the barrel :D

"When you were young
And your heart
Was an open book"

:D

As you've noticed cynicism comes with age :p