MÖTLEY CRÜE's VINCE NEIL Talks About His Role As Part Owner Of JACKSONVILLE SHARKS (V

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
MÖTLEY CRÜE singer Vince Neil recently spoke to First Coast News about his new role as a part owner of the Arena Football League team the Jacksonville Sharks. You can watch the interview at this location."It's a great action sport growing in popularity with every game. There are some incredible players. I love the game," Neil told the Las Vegas Sun. Last year, KISS became the first band to launch its very own Arena Football team, the L.A. KISS. During a May 2 news conference at Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena, Neil — CEO of Rockstar Investment Group, Inc. — revealed that he spoke to KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons before becoming a minority partner forJacksonville Sharks."I talked to Gene about it on a plane flight somewhere," Neil recalled, according to Jacksonville.com, "and he was telling me about it. When I saw what he was doing, I thought it was really cool. Sports and showmanship, they're kind of the same thing."Neil revealed that he would not be involved in the Sharks' day-to-day operations but said that he planned to play a prominent role in the team's marketing and other areas."I'll be in it as much as I can," he told Jacksonville.com."Obviously, I have another job. But this is not a fluke. I'll be there for the team. I'm a part owner. I want to help us succeed."Neil will be back at at Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena on Sunday, October 19, when MÖTLEY CRÜE performs as part of its farewell tour.

More...