martin "the animal,the governor and etc"birch or robert john "mutt" lange

dbluntman

May 3, 2005
I know that producers make a hell of a difference to solo artist or group...

IMOP i believe that martin birch is much better producer...;don't get me wrong back in black and high n' dry are awesome albums of our time that mutt produced but i see or hear mutt lange production more for commericial feel than getting the elements and direction for the band...mutt lange reminds me of a good engineer kind of guy..the guy was good with the def leppard's sound but as a engineer in my IMOP...Martin birch on the other hand was an amazing person in production wise...the man studied sound very well and always had a different feel approach to every iron maiden album...if one would listen from killers thru fear of the dark..my thoughts were HOW DID HE DO THAT...every album stands out on its own.. Martin cared about getting the best of his muscian and directing their creativity.."I'm talking about Iron maiden and other bands that he produce before them".....I think martin would have done well commerical wise but i think his interest were about getting the best elements out of each band member..

Hands down to Martin Birch:worship: :worship: :headbang:

Tough choice. I assume we're talking about the old days when Mutt Lange still produced rock albums and not just his no-talent wife.
I guess I'll go with Birch for his work with Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath.

MikeyBong said:
Tough choice. I assume we're talking about the old days when Mutt Lange still produced rock albums and not just his no-talent wife.
:cool:

There's no doubt that Lange is a talented producer - but my opinion (and it's just that - I have no proof) is that "Mutt" tries to inject himself too much into the songwriting. Anyone ever notice how the song titles on Bryan Adams's "Waking Up The Neighbours" and Shania Twain's "Up" - two albums he produced - have song titles that read like novels? I don't believe that's coincidence.

I have respect for what Mutt Lange did with AC/DC and Def Leppard - but I gotta go with Birch as well, not only for all he did with Maiden - but for his work on Deep Purple's "Made In Japan" and "Machine Head".

i go with mutt, the dude's banging shania :kickass:

plus he produced my 2 favorite ac/dc albums. highway to hell and back in black.

birch has done some great albums also but no shania

who's bed have your boots been under

her's ....

Lorenzo39x.jpg

MikeyBong said:
I forgot to mention all the early Whitesnake albums! Awesome stuff!:worship:

karrokid said:
her's ....

Lorenzo39x.jpg
Hey man you better be carefull, she'll call the cops when she finds out you snuck into her house and stuck your boots under her bed.
:lol:

i'm typing this from behind those loover doors in the background

she should have had that home security system turned on :lol:

karrokid said:
i'm typing this from behind those loover doors in the background

she should have had that home security system turned on :lol:
Hahahaha....
PLEASE send us some video.
:lol: