Meet & Greet Contest

poker_fan_in_nyc

CDC member: Shana112573
Aug 2, 2005
Queens, New York
www.myspace.com
Ten lucky fans will win a pair Meet & Greet passes at the Anthrax tour date of their choice...(Every order of $35 or more (subtotal) from now until June 28th will automatically be entered to win)

First let me start off by saying I have no problem with the contest itself, I know at the NYC show there were non-CDC members getting in to the meet & greet because they thought their soundcheck pass entitled them to that also (ummm no...but somehow they got in). Anyhow...

Anyone who is a member of the CDC knows how smoothly the meet & greets have been going (very hard to be sarcastic on here)...I'm waiting to see some of these 10 people trying to get into to a meet and greet only to have the venue tell them they have no idea what they are talking about...or maybe they'll get to meet the guys for less than 5 minutes while they sit behind a table like it is a book-signing and if they're lucky, the only picture they can take with the band is them sitting in chairs and you standing in front of the table...

I think I got spoiled when I went to the listening party for Stomp442 with the guys and now I hoped (expected) that if I met them again it would be the same way...I think that is why I am/was so disappointed...I think seeing this contest just made me think of it all over again...

I guess I'm still a little disappointed as to how fast the meet and greet happened and how quickly we were in and out (and I really don't mean to complain because I'm glad it even happened) and the only excuse we were given was that it was like that because it was NYC...:err:

Stalker!!!!! Just Kidding.. I understand but it is still a chance worth taking! Better than not meeting them at all!!!!!

LouieFatterson said:
CDC'ers still get to attend right?

Who knows anymore...on the front page of the CDC site it said at those events were there is no soundcheck, a meet and greet will be instead...

They should've never used the word instead...I realize at some venues people won't be able to go to the soundcheck...that's understandable, but we've always had both, not one or the the other :confused:

So you have to pay to be a CDC member which said you would be able to attend "meet and greets" to begin with. Now you have to pay to be a CDC member(and wait forever to receive your merch) and then pay even more money to attend these meet and greets. Not fucking worth it at all. What a joke.

Bleearg said:
That contest is just fuckin' lame. On the CDC sign up/ log in page it still says "Now featuring meet & Greet signups for upcoming tour dates" Not spend more $$ for a chance to win......

I'm really assuming this contest is just for non-CDC members...that is fine

I just want it clarifed that CDC members will still have the soundchecks and meet & greets to go to (not one or the other)...and yes, I understand some venues there will be no soundcheck...It bothered me that they wrote for those venues that there is no soundcheck, the meet & greet will be in it's place...the meet & greet should have been happening for them no matter what...am I reading too much into this :loco:

MyHatred said:
So you have to pay to be a CDC member which said you would be able to attend "meet and greets" to begin with. Now you have to pay to be a CDC member(and wait forever to receive your merch) and then pay even more money to attend these meet and greets. Not fucking worth it at all. What a joke.

No I am almost certain this contest is for non-CDC members...at the CDC the sign-ups are still there for the meet & greets for the four headlinging shows

I think I would have preferred a soundcheck only, but that's just me. The meet and greets happen so quickly and since I'm shy, I kind of feel like I have to say something grand and wonderful instead of just being myself. At the soundcheck, everyone was more relaxed, including the band, from the way I saw it. I also don't think that there would be soundchecks this time around since they aren't headlining.

MyHatred said:
Still not even slightly worth it. I have met more than my fair share of "rock stars" and never had to pay to do it.

I agree with the random meetings...but sometimes there are great special bonuses being a member of their fan club...I would never have been invited to the listening party for Stomp442 and able to hang out with them for the afternoon drinking beer and eating pizza if I wasn't a paying member...they were not letting random fans in off the street for that...

Scott is also having a lot more chats, and now Frankie and Danny are the remaining members that I saw finally sign up...so while I agree with what you that you can meet alot of "rockstars" without having to pay for it, you do get special things being a paid member (and I don't mean an autographed picture or t-shirt)...

Again, just my opinion :headbang:

eighteeschick said:
I think I would have preferred a soundcheck only, but that's just me. The meet and greets happen so quickly and since I'm shy, I kind of feel like I have to say something grand and wonderful instead of just being myself. At the soundcheck, everyone was more relaxed, including the band, from the way I saw it. I also don't think that there would be soundchecks this time around since they aren't headlining.

Yeah I'm shy too and I loved the soundcheck!!! but I just wanted to be able to take my picture with each of the guys...that's all I wanted.

The soundchecks that I'm talking about would only be for the four shows that they are headlining...:headbang:

poker_fan_in_nyc said:
I agree with the random meetings...but sometimes there are great special bonuses being a member of their fan club...I would never have been invited to the listening party for Stomp442 and able to hang out with them for the afternoon drinking beer and eating pizza if I wasn't a paying member...they were not letting random fans in off the street for that...

Scott is also having a lot more chats, and now Frankie and Danny are the remaining members that I saw finally sign up...so while I agree with what you that you can meet alot of "rockstars" without having to pay for it, you do get special things being a paid member (and I don't mean an autographed picture or t-shirt)...

Again, just my opinion :headbang:

Right on:headbang: .

If you are happy with the CDC then that is all that matters. It's just not something that I would sign up for. I am pretty good friends with Chino from the Deftones so anytime he is in town, I get to hang out and shoot the shit and drink beers with him. Of course, I was going to their shows when they were playing in 100 person capacity shows and have watched them grow into the band they are now. I was lucky enough to establish a "friendship" with the band before they had any type of success and have seen them more than any band out of the hundreds of shows that I have been to. They just see that I am a dedicated fan and treat me as such. So I haven't missed a show in Michigan yet because they have treated me so well. I know most people will say the usual bullshit like "Oh they are Nu-metal and they suck...gaY0rzz or whatever but I dig em and that's all that matters to me.....I buy the albums, tickets, shirts and have never been asked to pay a band more money to possibly hang out with them. So that is why I think it is bullshit.