New Axenstar vid

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
I don't know what happened to these guys since their last album back in 06 but they have released a new video out of the blue. I was a big fan of these guys before, especially the amazing Far From Heaven album. There is no news about any new album so it's strange to make a video without an album to follow up. The band's sound has hardened up a little after all these years and is far less melodic but still quite good.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he7zn8vEyMU&feature=related[/ame]

Hm, not sure how I feel about the new track. One of the reasons I love Axenstar is their melodies and reasonably speedy tempo, coupled with the singers vocals. The chorus on this track is a very Axenstar melody, but the rest is definitely heavier than I'm used to from this band. Heavy does not = bad, but for me, there's something off in this song.

I guess if they put out a new album I'll have to hear the whole thing to be able to judge better. :/

I'd heard their last album was supposed to be their last. Oh well.

Axenstar is one of those bands that gets a little better with each album, but still hasn't really made a killer album yet. I don't think they are PP quality yet.

I say that as my own opinion, but also noting their pretty lukewarm reviews on the more prominent metal review sites, plus the general lack of buzz for this band even when they were more active.

Hm, not sure how I feel about the new track. One of the reasons I love Axenstar is their melodies and reasonably speedy tempo, coupled with the singers vocals. The chorus on this track is a very Axenstar melody, but the rest is definitely heavier than I'm used to from this band. Heavy does not = bad, but for me, there's something off in this song.

This is exactly what I was thinking....