Newbie here

raptured

Nov 12, 2010
Hi folks,

I just joined the forum and would like to say hi to everybody. I am mainly into Prog metal like Symphony X, Dream Theater, Anthriel, Edgend, Myrath,etc.

I just discovered a new band from Finland that really kicks butt. here is the link to their Myspace:

www.myspace.com/adamantra

Now you;ve done it ,your Hooked Like all of us.....Great site,, I suggest you get a second Job.....:Spin::wave: Welcome ( And watch out for my Spelling):headbang::Smokin::kickass:;)

Thanks for the welcome, bob ricci, and the advice. :)

Did any of you listen to "Adamantra", by the way ? Any thoughts ?
I can't find the disc anywhere,except in Mp3 format. What a drag !! :(

I contacted Adamantra over a year ago. Either their management or label was supposed to contact me so I could bring in copies. Never heard from anyone and I've forgotten all about them until you mentioned them.

I think they might be worried about being thrown into a sales situation with albums that contain some semblance of commerciality. (To understand this, you will need to go to the Darkwater thread....sorry about that!!)

Paul

USDhead....you seem to be looking for conflict....when conflict doesn't exist. I am just trying to figure out why ?!?!?!

I think they might be worried about being thrown into a sales situation with albums that contain some semblance of commerciality. (To understand this, you will need to go to the Darkwater thread....sorry about that!!)

Paul

I don't understand the comment.

Hi Bob,

Definately like the site, thank you. :)
It's interesting to see that many prog lovers also like metal, too. I always enjoyed the combination of the 2 (Symphony X, Dream T. )
I've been purchasing from Laser's Edge for a few years now....but I finally decided to join the forum. :)

I understand that is a fabulous part of Canada in which to live. I've not had the good fortune to visit any part of Canada - yet - but I'm working on it!!

Saw a great prog metal band (seeing as though you like this combination) from Australia last night - Karnivool. Are you familiar with them?

Paul

I understand that is a fabulous part of Canada in which to live. I've not had the good fortune to visit any part of Canada - yet - but I'm working on it!!

Saw a great prog metal band (seeing as though you like this combination) from Australia last night - Karnivool. Are you familiar with them?

Paul

Hi Paul...I took a listen to karnivool...not too bad, actually. :)
Thanks for the recommendation.

Another good choice could be the less known group (from the region of Montreal) Myxomatosis.

Hi Tsibasec....i'm also in Montreal. I never heard of that band but I took a listen to them....they are very talented. I am not into alternative music but you can tell that they are solid musicians. Thanks. :)