Paradygm

Eyesore

Apr 9, 2002
Boston
www.eyesoretimes.com
Hey Ken, how do you go about choosing bands to sign? Actually, let me first preface this by saying I am in no way associated with this band I'm going to talk about. I'm not trying to be Mr. Slick A&R Guy. I just discovered them through CD Baby's $5 sale section (I'm a cheap CD whore—check your records for my order history, haha!). Anyway, this little self-titled EP of theirs sounded really cool, so I grabbed a copy. And it's killer! It has a serious demo quality to it, but the songs are great. It made me think about how good they would sound with great production and that heavy sound bands like Zero Hour and Circus Maximus have.

So that just got me wondering how you discover bands yourself, I guess. Do you ever listen to someone like me who throws out a suggestion on a band to check out, either as a fan or label owner?

I'm not even sure if this Paradygm band will sound the same in the future, because this EP came out in 2004 and they've since added a female vocalist to the band, but even as a fan of music you may dig this little EP. It worth the price, I think.

1 Truth
2 Behind These Walls
3 Never is Enough

http://www.paradygm.com

We find bands through a variety of methods. Bands send demos (which we eventually listen to), recommendations like yours, plus us occassionally surfing around and stumbling on something interesting.

We find bands through a variety of methods. Bands send demos (which we eventually listen to), recommendations like yours, plus us occassionally surfing around and stumbling on something interesting.
Right on.

The Paradygm mention wasn't a real recommendation; more of an example, I guess. I was just curious. But how about a real recommendation? Outworld. You familiar with them? I got an e-mail from them today, and they won't sell me their new demo EP because they're looking for a label home. Pffft! Haha.

So please sign them, so I can buy their new demo. Haha. Brilliant band either way. They would definitely fit on Sensory.

EDIT: Nevermind. I guess they're looking for a bigger label that can promote them, not a small label.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eyesore:

We turned down Outworld's previous release. Decent band. Hopefully they will find a "bigger" label.

Ken Golden