Radio Playlists

poundingmetal74

Demons Will Fly
Oct 18, 2004
Canada, eh
www.finalstage.ca
So I was thinking as a number of us UMOS'ers now have shows we should post our weekly playlists to give others some ideas of new music coming out and some bands you might not be familiar with.

Tonight I did a Halloween style show:
Stohl-N Welcome to Hell
Sledgehammer Ledge Wake The Dead
Shadowkeep Dark Tower
Van Helsing's Curse Tubular Hell
Van Helsing's Curse The Child
Nightmare The Church
Pyramaze Sleepy Hollow
Wolf At the Graveyard
October 31 Visions of the End
Titanic The Awakening
Fist The Axeman
Halloween The Haunting
Queensryche The Lady Wore Black (Live)
Dream Evil Let the Killing Begin
Rough Cutt Black Widow
Judas Priest The Ripper
Kiss Creatures of the Night
Racer X Children of the Grave
Icarus Witch Roses on White Lace
Betrayer Descendants of Death
Ripper Death Awaits You
Helloween Final Fortune
Grim Ripper See You in Hell
Sword Evil Spell

So I was thinking as a number of us UMOS'ers now have shows we should post our weekly playlists to give others some ideas of new music coming out and some bands you might not be familiar with.

Tonight I did a Halloween style show:
Wolf At the Graveyard
Fist The Axeman
Dream Evil Let the Killing Begin
Judas Priest The Ripper
Helloween Final Fortune
Grim Ripper See You in Hell
Sword Evil Spell

Not bad, bot bad. But I would have played:

Helloween - 'Halloween'
King Diamond - 'Halloween'
Ostrogoth - 'Halloween'
Force of Evil - 'Samhain'
:D

And btw, the Icarus Witch version of 'Roses On White Lace' it's awful IMO, not that the original is a masterpiece but IW had made better covers.

Not bad, bot bad. But I would have played:

Helloween - 'Halloween'
King Diamond - 'Halloween'
Ostrogoth - 'Halloween'
Force of Evil - 'Samhain'
:D

And btw, the Icarus Witch version of 'Roses On White Lace' it's awful IMO, not that the original is a masterpiece but IW had made better covers.

Re: Icarus, to each his own my friend. I LOVE that cover (and both versions). The Alice version was so heavy especially if you consider what he had done previous to Raise Your Fist and Yell. Also, the IW version introduced me to the song and the band. :)

The only song of those 4 I'm familiar with is the Helloween song though I didn't have it. Also, it was painstaking to whittle down the list considering this is heavy metal! It's like trying to whittle down a list of christian songs about Jesus. :lol: I started with a list of about 65 songs.

Re: Icarus, to each his own my friend. I LOVE that cover (and both versions). The Alice version was so heavy especially if you consider what he had done previous to Raise Your Fist and Yell. Also, the IW version introduced me to the song and the band. :)

That AC album was my second. Now seen in retroespective those albums from the late 80's are damn horrible but funny, still love some of those crappy songs (compared to the great 70's stuff).

I started with IW with their first full-lenght, a sleeper until the last song which is great...and sadly a cover :ill: which doesn't say much about the band. The last album was a bit of improvement but I think they're overrated in the metal community.

It's like trying to whittle down a list of christian songs about Jesus. I started with a list of about 65 songs.

A couple easy ones:

'Quicksand Jesus' and 'H.M.J.':heh: