Revisited - Amorphis - Eclipse

So wait Jason, you haven't even got to Brother Moon yet? Prepare to jizz your thongs down to your ankles.

The Smoke and Shame Flesh will also kick your nuts off -- the latter has such a fucken good outro, guitar solo and build up needs to be heard loud....and then Brother Moon will finish you off.

Gotta LOVE the vocal lines on Empty Opening too.....damn, I'm gonna play this CD right now motherfuckers!!!!!

MadeInNewJersey said:
That's the best song on the album.

So far, I agree, but Mark, I'm telling you man - I'm with Ali and Greg on this one - focus on this baby, it deserves it. I don't know if it would help, but clear your mind of "The Karelian Isthmus", "Tales...", etc. Those are great albums on a completely different level.

Dark One said:
So far, I agree, but Mark, I'm telling you man - I'm with Ali and Greg on this one - focus on this baby, it deserves it. I don't know if it would help, but clear your mind of "The Karelian Isthmus", "Tales...", etc. Those are great albums on a completely different level.

Trust me, I have.

Dark One said:
I'm on it right now! Makes me want to fly to Ireland and find the dingiest local pub imaginable and hoist a Guiness with Bailey's high and mighty!

That's the Thin Lizzy / Gary Moore influence I was referring to. I like the celtic vibe running throughout. God I hope they tour on this album.

JayKeeley said:
That's the Thin Lizzy / Gary Moore influence I was referring to. I like the celtic vibe running throughout. God I hope they tour on this album.

I was really won over by the new vocalist on the last tour so I would definitely be up for any local shows they schedule this time around.

MadeInNewJersey said:
Trust me, I have.

Fair enough, that's all you can ask. Amazing how subjective music is isn't it? I mean, I think Ali, Greg and I would ALL think that you'd really, really enjoy this without knowing your opinion. I'm definitely surprised, but hey, all you can be is honest, so I respect that. :headbang:

Dark One said:
I was really won over by the new vocalist on the last tour so I would definitely be up for any local shows they schedule this time around.
Agreed. He was excellent live. He had a good presence, and his intensity came across very well live.

Zod

General Zod said:
Agreed. He was excellent live. He had a good presence, and his intensity came across very well live.

I hope this time around (assuming they tour) they concentrate on the new album and the earlier stuff since it was evident that it's what the new singer preferred to play live. The show would be an absolute killer.

JayKeeley said:
What the fuck? All you vunts went to see Amorphis?

Hell yeah. In Philly last year along with Single Bullet Queery, Into Eternity and Beyond the Embrace. Amorphis was the clear highlight. Unfortunately, we missed most of BTE's set as they opened that night due Single Bullet being from Philly. [/lame]

Oh it was probably one of those mid-week gigs and I was in fricckin Kalamazoo or something.

That reminds me, I had 5 W2's to submit with my taxes.

JayKeeley said:
What the fuck? All you vunts went to see Amorphis?

I was there at the BB Kings show last year (it was on a Sunday night btw), with a flu-stricken Into Eternity also on the bill. The new vocalist was outstanding and the setlist was perfectly divided between the older and newer material, the latter of which was given an edge missing from the album versions. Still haven't heard Eclipse yet...