SAVATAGE DVD

SavaVIDude

Savatage Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
Houston, Texas, USA, Earth
In the box set, "Still the Orchestra Plays", there are two audio CDs and a DVD of Live - In Japan. I have bought two of these from Amamzon and had to return both of them because the DVD dd not work. I have two players and neither on would read the DVD. The audio CDs are fine.

Anyone else have is problem??

Chris :headbang:

I've had mine for over a week and they play fine. I am surprised however that they let you return it without asking you about the region. Strange, from what I understand its up to the consumer to know what they have and what they are getting is compitable.

Yeah - Thanks, everyone. I guess it's only available in PAL, since it's an import. I'm such a techno-dork!! I think I'm gonna have it transferred to the US format. I want to play it on my TV through my stereo!! Thanx again, everyone.

Chris :headbang:

I've had mine for over a week and they play fine. I am surprised however that they let you return it without asking you about the region. Strange, from what I understand its up to the consumer to know what they have and what they are getting is compitable.

I think it depends. If Amazon didn't actually list the dvd as being pal, which is very likely because it was a boxed set I could see them doing this.

I find it strange that Savatage would release a PAL-only DVD set .... but they did.

That said -- lots of great DVDs are in PAL format .....DVD players that play PAL are VERY cheap ... it might be worth investing in one ......

Certain DVD players -- notably the cheaper ones -- aren't programmed to "reject" the PAL format because they're marketed in various regions....and in other cases, can be easily reprogrammed by a savvy consumer into accepting all regions.

Not that I'd know anything about the latter, of course. Ahem. :saint:

Certain DVD players -- notably the cheaper ones -- aren't programmed to "reject" the PAL format because they're marketed in various regions....and in other cases, can be easily reprogrammed by a savvy consumer into accepting all regions.

Not that I'd know anything about the latter, of course. Ahem. :saint:

Yep, I received some very friendly advice regarding this issue from a certain ProgPower vendor a number of years ago. Mine still works like a charm!

~Brian~