Serenity/Firefly fans

kleo706

Dec 21, 2001
Serenity is coming back to Boston for special Midnight screenings on June 18/19, 2010. The first of these will also include a shadowcast/sing-a-long for Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog. Reasoning behind this is Joss Whedon's birthday is next month and proceeds from these screenings will benefit his favorite charity, Equality Now (http://equalitynow.org/). If you're not moved by the plight of females world wide, bear in mind that there will be raffles to win actual props from the movie and TV series. (Details on that haven't been announced yet but last year's centerpiece was The Operative's stylin' light blue pantsuit).
Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 the day of the show. A special 2-night combo ticket will be available for $25 available in advance only. Tickets will be available starting in May at the Coolidge Corner Theatre Box Office or online at www.coolidge.org.
If anyone is keen on going, we could probably do some pre-show bar-type shenanigans Friday night. There's a fair to middlin chance of a couple staying over afterwards and if they do, probably going to a NSFW event down by my place then hitting the brewery Saturday.

Friday is Dr. Horrible. Saturday is Serenity. Due to how screwed up my living situation is right now, I'm not able to make it.