Sup metal heads?

Xeogred

New Metal Member
Dec 25, 2006
I've never been a fan of some metal forums out there, but after reading a bunch of forums and threads here this place seemed pretty cool.

So, I'm 19, and I listen to nothing but metal. A year ago I would've said I like just about Power Metal and that's it, but my tastes just keep growing. Symphony X kind of sparked my interest, but I think Gamma Ray really pushed it and made me obsessed, and I just had to get more and more! (they're still probably my favorite band, and of course Helloween's earlier stuff was amazing. I guess you can say I'm an average Kai Hansen worshipper).

Here's my collection so far:
Encyclopaedia Metallum - Xeogred's metal collection

The stuff I've gotten into recently is Riot, Vicious Rumors, Jag Panzer, Heathen, Helstar, UDO, Overkill, and some other stuff. Oh, and Scanner! They're definitely a rare and insanely underated Power Metal band. Most of their stuff has been called "Early Gamma Ray / Iron Savior" and a blend between Helloween's "Walls of Jericho" and Keeper albums. If you enjoy that kind of stuff and haven't heard of Scanner, do yourself a favor and try to get their albums! Its insanely hard to find them though, but its worth the treasure hunt.

If anyone has any recommendations (judging by my collection I guess?) please let me know! I'm always up for new stuff. Even though my tastes don't expand out much (I stick to Power, Prog, Speed, Thrash, Folk, Traditional, mainly), it still seems like there's a lot out there I need to hear. I can say I really enjoy metal from the later 80's, Vicious Rumors "Digital Dictator" and Riot's "Thundersteel" are good examples of the kind of metal I really drool over. Speed, soaring vocals, but its not overdramatic like some Power Metal thesedays, its just simpler more raw solid victorious metal!

So yeah, sup? :headbang: