Sym X Paradise Lost on the charts

Bear

Got Shred??
Feb 6, 2002
Canton, Georgia
Just saw this on their myspace page and love to see things like this. Hard work pays off.

Paradise Lost Sales
Symphony X reached the Billboard Top 200 for the first time with the release of Paradise Lost, and would like to thank all of the fans who made that possible! International sales figures for the release of Paradise Lost were as follows:

USA: #123
France: #60
Germany: #50
Netherlands: #59
Norway: #41
Sweden: #32
UK: #169 (rock/metal chart: #12)

Fantastic!!! I can't wait to see them again on Sunday. Now if they can only put out a DVD sometime soon. I hope that they are recording stuff on this tour. They are about the ONLY band left that doesn't have anything out yet. (the Gigantour DVD does not count)

The new album smokes. The last track - Revelation (Divus Pennae Ex Tragoedia) is one of my favorite tracks they have ever done!!!

Fantastic!!! I can't wait to see them again on Sunday. Now if they can only put out a DVD sometime soon. I hope that they are recording stuff on this tour. They are about the ONLY band left that doesn't have anything out yet. (the Gigantour DVD does not count)

The new album smokes. The last track - Revelation (Divus Pennae Ex Tragoedia) is one of my favorite tracks they have ever done!!!

In my interview with MJR (I posted a thread on here for it a couple weeks ago) he said if they're going to do a DVD it would be late this year or early next year.

Just saw this on their myspace page and love to see things like this. Hard work pays off.

Paradise Lost Sales
Symphony X reached the Billboard Top 200 for the first time with the release of Paradise Lost, and would like to thank all of the fans who made that possible! International sales figures for the release of Paradise Lost were as follows:

USA: #123
France: #60
Germany: #50
Netherlands: #59
Norway: #41
Sweden: #32
UK: #169 (rock/metal chart: #12)

How friggin' cool is that! I was thinking yesterday that I can't take the darned thing out of my CD player! :kickass: There's still hope for the world yet! :worship:

~Brian~

I agree that is one of my favorite Sym X songs too. Rock!!!

In my interview with MJR (I posted a thread on here for it a couple weeks ago) he said if they're going to do a DVD it would be late this year or early next year.

Awesome, I must have missed that thread. I can't wait till I can crank that up at home.

I agree that is one of my favorite Sym X songs too. Rock!!!
Mine changes on a daily basis,but lately its either Domination or the title track(love the (warning,new invented word alert) "epicness" of this0
and check this out
apparently Sirius hard attack is getting behind this (GASP,someone there actually aknowladging one of "our bands" and not the usual screamo mall core shit),as they are playing the hell out of this CD,and has them on Hard Files tomarrow(an interview and playing their songs)at 7 PM(waykuul,in between Bubba and Farrell)

Yeah, the other day i woke up to "Serpents Kiss". I have Comcast cable and sometimes sleep to the Metal channel. So they are playing it on the Comcast station as well. :kickass:

I was a bit turned off though by all those bulletins telling me to buy the album in the first week to get a place on the charts. That seems unmetal to do that.

I do enjoy the album so far.

Hmmm, I wonder how the CD is doing on the U.S. college hard radio charts? Hopefully there'll be a copy of CMJ at the studio on Friday and I can check.

Yeah, the other day i woke up to "Serpents Kiss". I have Comcast cable and sometimes sleep to the Metal channel. So they are playing it on the Comcast station as well. :kickass:

That MusicChoice Metal channel is actually quite cool and unusually diverse. I've heard good bands on there that I've never heard elsewhere since, so they're not totally beholden to the labels.
Hell, they've played Mercenary and Therion! :headbang:

Plus, they've mentioned ProgPower USA in their sidebar text updates more than once, and totally on their own without being paid or anything. :kickass:

AWESOME NEWS!!! Congrats to the folks in Symph X!!! It's VERY well deserved!!! And people thought that the ball they had rolling from the last album and touring would have dropped with the long time in between albums.

I think in retrospect that Gigantour was a huge move for the band, even if we did get the album a year alter than planned because of it. Sacrifice ya know :headbang: