VH1 Classic Presents: Aftermath - The Station Fire, Five Years Later

Apr 10, 2006
Pawtucket, RI
VH1Classic.com is launching "VH1 Classic Presents: Aftermath: The Station Fire Five Years Later" online on Thursday, March 20 giving viewers an early look at performances from the special airing on VH1 Classic and VH1 on Sunday, March 23 at 10:00 p.m.

"VH1 Classic Presents: Aftermath: The Station Fire Five Years Later" interweaves performances from the benefit concert hosted by Dee Snider, which took place on February 25 in Providence, Rhode Island, with on-camera stories from survivors, who share their first-hand experiences of what happened that night five years ago. Bret Michaels opens the documentary, taking the audience back to the site of the fire that now stands as a memorial.

The concert features TWISTED SISTER and TESLA, Aaron Lewis from STAIND, WINGER, and Eric Martin from MR. BIG. In addition, country music lends a hand to rock and roll with sets from John Rich (BIG & RICH) and Friends, featuring Gretchen Wilson and Dierks Bentley.

The Station Family Fund was founded by five survivors of the February 17, 2003 fire to provide financial support for medical treatment, rehabilitation and household expenses for survivors and their families and is understandably in continual need of financial replenishment. All of the proceeds from the concert ticket sales, charity auctions and direct donations to the fund go direct to the Station Family Fund, a non-profit 501 © (3) charitable organization. To donate to the Station Family Fund and to find out more about their work, please visit: www.stationfamilyfund.org.

Watch select clips from "VH1 Classic Presents: Aftermath: The Station Fire Five Years Later" at this location.

If you find the time, please check it out.

I enjoyed it.......Stryper with Tom from Boston was fantastic, as was Winger believe it or not. Gretchen Wilson came out and did Heart's "Straight On" and slayed it! Tesla?? Not so good. To be fair, Jeff told the crowd he was under the weather.

All in all, it was worth seeing.....plus they gave a number to donate so I was able to make a quick call.

Yeah, Jeff's voice was definitely off. I actually got busy with something else 15 min after I posted above, so I missed most of the show. I plan on catching the repeat (for Winger... yeah, I just said that out loud ).

Gretchen Wilson sounded the best and so did John Rich. Dee Snider still has a strong voice after all these years but i wish they had closed with something other than WNGT it. Jeff keith sounded horrible ( i know he was sick). Eric Martin of Mr. Big sounded fantastic but someone who was there said they must of cleaned up his vocals because he sounded bad that night. Winger were very good but i think Kips voice was buried under the music and i think they played a little too fast. The Boston just didn't fit to me with the Stryper dude singing. Aron Lewis sounded great as well. Props to all those involved for making this show happen for those poor souls. SHAME to those bands (bon jovi) who refused to do it because they didn't wanna be catorgerized with 80s rock.

I heard on Eddie Trunk Monday night that Michael Sweet is officially in Boston as their new lead singer. I think vocally he would fit but I think given Strypers sketchy reputation with most people it may turn many people off.

I think there has been some confusion. I wasn't referring to their "sketchy reputation" as a Christian band but rather their sketchy reputation as a crappy hair band.

Personally, I've always liked them but they have become somewhat of a punchline for the masses.

I have nothing against Stryper, i even like a few of their songs. I just don't think by what i saw/heard on that show that the singers voice does any justice even remotely to the Boston sound, maybe the other singer will do better.