Where to stay for Progpower

AZPROG

New Metal Member
Oct 6, 2013
Hello, the wife and i are making our first trip to Progpower in 2014. We are looking at accommodations in the Center stage neighborhood. If I can't get a room at the Residence Inn on 17th or the Artmore, then we will stay at either: Loews or Twelve Atlantic Station. They are both about the same distance from the venue(about a half mile), but are different directions from Center Stage. Is there any advantage to staying at one over the other? Is the walk late at night safer to either? Any other considerations? Thanks!

The Marriott Suites on 14th is only a 5-6 minute walk from Center Stage, and you pass right by the Artmore, so you can swing by for the after parties, or Davinci's for a late night snack.

The Marriott Suites on 14th is only a 5-6 minute walk from Center Stage, and you pass right by the Artmore, so you can swing by for the after parties, or Davinci's for a late night snack.

That's an option too, however when I attempt to check room availability, it shows no rooms available for that property. It's the same for the Artmore & the Residence Inn Midtown/17th. I can't tell if they are actually sold out, or they just haven't fully opened booking for those dates yet. Thanks for the suggestion.

Generally, the Marriotts don't book this far out. Usually they open up something like 6 months in advance.

Heck is crewed up our reservations last year and still got us into the RI on 17th which is our preference (seems nicer than the one on 14th from our experiences with better kitchenettes).

When the main site comes back up there is a lovely FAQ page that has great information on where to stay. If you wait a bit you'll be fine.

Last year, me and my husband actually looked into renting a condo. I think we are going to try to do the same this year. They are very nice compared to a hotel and can tend to be a hall of a lot cheaper than staying in a hotel. Keep your eyes out for properties on airbnb.com or vrbo.com. People will let you stay in their homes for the week. We stayed in a place right down by Atlantic Station last year where all the stores, shops, and entertainment is. There was also a free shuttle that practically took you to the venue. This is just another option if you are looking to save money. They are nice if you want to stock up on food and not have to worry about finding a place that is open when the show gets out.

That's true about the condo option.. at 1 am, there's not a lot of choices outside of DaVinci's (who have great sandwiches and fries, but the wait can be long unless you beat everyone there)

We got our suite at Marriott Suites in February, and wound up paying $200/night for a mini-suite. Amazingly, you can actually stay at the Four Seasons next door for under $250 a night. There's an Einstein's Bagels on the corner on 14th and Peachtree, so we put a few bagels in my wife's tote bag to snack on through the day - she's a diabetic, and they got her through the 11 hour days like a champ.

I'd love to stay at the Artmore, but unfortunately, my body insists on at least 8-10 hours of solid sleep a night. :)

Last year, me and my husband actually looked into renting a condo.

Thanks for the idea Sam. My uncle actually gets time share credits for Marriott so I may have to check with him to see I can use his or not. Can't wait to finally get back to Atlanta for this!!!

:hotjump:

-Big Jay

P.S. Oh yeah, and husband?? Man, it has been a long time since I've seen you hasn't it!