This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

$1 Drum Sample Pack From Empire Drums

Discussion in 'Backline' started by mikedwyer518, Oct 11, 2017.

1. mikedwyer518

mikedwyer518 New Metal Member

Hey everyone! I just released a sample pack (3 snares and a kick with WAV files and TCI files for trigger) that I’m selling for just a dollar! In addition to engineering, I build custom snare drums. During a recent recording session, we were using a few of these snares, so I thought I’d make some samples for myself. They’ve been my goto samples since then, so I figured I’d share them!

http://empiredrumsny.com/products/drumsamples

Here are some audio samples:

I’m charging a dollar because I’ve noticed that when I come across free samples or free plugins, I often download them and then completely forget about them. When I have to pay for them (even if it’s cheap), I listen before buying to decide if it’ll be useful to me, and then I actually use them. I’d rather have ten people download and use these as opposed to a thousand people who have them sitting at the bottom of their sample folder, never to be seen again.

The Drums:

-Big Bertha A and B are two alternate tunings of a 14x8 red oak stave snare

-Walnut Snare is a 14x6 walnut stave snare

-Empire Kick is a 24x18 GMS kick

All were recorded in a kick-ass studio through a Neve 8058 console and some other sweet gear.

I’ve never been a fan of samples that come with separate files for snare top, bottom, overhead, room etc. that I then have to mix. It just takes too long for my workflow. That’s why I’ve only included 3 TCI files for each drum: a full blend, a dry file with the just the close mics, and a room only file. This way, you can throw the samples in and move on with minimal messing around.

http://empiredrumsny.com/products/drumsamples

Let me know what you think!

2. UncleBob

UncleBob Member

Quite like the walnut snare

3. mikedwyer518

mikedwyer518 New Metal Member

Glad you're digging it!