This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

2 triggers on bass drum??

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by fretfingers, Jun 10, 2015.

1. fretfingers

fretfingers Member

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows why they used 2 triggers on each bass drum. This is an Arch Enemy recording session for what I believe was either Anthems Of Rebellion or Doomsday Machine.

Any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. Studdy

Studdy Member

Perhaps to capture a different part of the drum. Sometimes triggers do not respond/register. So its an insurance thing maybe, if one didnt respond on a hit the other one maybe did? Could also be for routing purposes (sending headphone mixes etc. although this could be achieved with 1 trigger. Example maybe one is connected to a drum module so the drummer can monitor his feet and the other is sending just the raw trigger sound to the recording device. This is my best guess bro.

3. Machinated

Machinated Member

pretty sure andy (or possibly the swedesh geezer who engineered) said on here years ago that one is for a drum module for monitoring purposes and the other was being recorded.

4. Trevoire520

Trevoire520 Member

Yeah it's to send to a module to monitor while playing. You could do the same thing by splitting the signal with a DI box.

5. JeffTD

JeffTD Senhor Testiculo

Those were the doomsday sessions. 1 trigger for module in-ears, 1 to record trigger signal raw.