This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

2013: CONSTRUCT

Discussion in 'Dark Tranquillity' started by Defiance, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Tranquillian

Tranquillian Svartmetallist

I couldn't help but download the leak. I must say that this is sweet music to my ears. New and fresh ideas, the comparisons to how Projector feels are not far off.

2. kayman

kayman New Metal Member

"What Only you Know."

IMO this song is already a masterpiece.

3. stizzleomnibus

stizzleomnibus Decisively Human

4. kayman

kayman New Metal Member

Sorry ... i am new to the forum ...

5. stizzleomnibus

You haven't posted anything which is not allowed (a full list of which you can find in the forum rules topic). The album leaked, and you are allowed to say that it did and talk about the songs and so on. You simply cannot link or direct anyone (as though anyone needed help) to the leaked material.

The band and label are all very pragmatic about the state of music in the internet age, but this is an official band forum so we do have stay away from directly engaging in the unauthorized distribution of CM/DT property.

But please do continue being excited about the material! Just remember that a lot of people haven't heard anything but the four revealed tracks.

6. AllShallFall

AllShallFall Senior Member

My Construct bundle shipped yesterday and I can't wait for it to get here.

The grey LP, limited to 300 copies = :kickass:

7. stizzleomnibus

They've been shipping early all over the place. I haven't heard from CMDistro just yet, but I've got Black and White Vinyl coming from Nuclear Blast in Germany that just shipped out.

I've also seen a few people who have already received theirs, one in Australia in this thread and the other in Germany (from the bands FB page).

8. AllShallFall

Yeah, I ordered from CMDistro. I've ordered many times from them, and I've always been a satisfied customer.

@ stizzleomnibus: By the way, I'd love to see a pic of your black and white vinyl when you get it :kickass:

9. corpsereviver

corpsereviver the unorthodox

is it's tracklist as follows?
    could you please take a pic of the back cover? :rolleyes:

10. stizzleomnibus

I typed that as ambiguously as humanly possible. It's not a black and white vinyl (though that would be sick as hell), it's a black vinyl + 7" and a second copy of the album in the form of a white vinyl + 7". Also the red vinyl from CMDistro.

11. AllShallFall

^Nice. Post pictures :kickass:

12. Blazingsonic

Blazingsonic New Metal Member

Anyone already got the vinyl? If someone gets it in the next few days pls tell us how the sound on this version is. I´m not really sure whether to buy the CD or LP. If the sound of the LP is an noticable improvement over the CD I´ll buy it.

13. stizzleomnibus

Por que no los dos?

14. Defiance

Defiance I vårens ljusa kvällar

The Watchtower on the Moon. (Or, Sendai, Japan.)
    Corrected. And yes, the tracks are different (depending on the CD version) and the LP cover is much, much cooler to be honest; I don't like the CD one, actually. I'll probably buy 2 different LP versions.

15. Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves New Metal Member

This is a great album for DT. Nice to see them keep changing their sound, this album is poppy :)

This album has for me has the feeling of Projector, in that this album will spawn an entirely different sound for DT, and man will we have some amazing years to look forward to. I can't wait :)

16. Blazingsonic

Blazingsonic New Metal Member

There are so many albums I want to buy :D Getting the money for all of that will be a difficult task anyway :(

Regarding the cover....I also prefer the LP one by a long shot.

17. nerxastul_millenxi

nerxastul_millenxi New Metal Member

This is the hard time for me.
    I grew up with The Mind’s I since I fell in love with this album around 1998 as my DT’s first album.
    The Mind’s I, The Gallery, Projector and Haven become my life’s soundtrack. How I met my first girl, how I broke with her (she married with her parent’s choice…I got eliminated haha…). And how I found my truly lifemate and how my career at works…that is the Damage Done – Fiction era.
    It was really my emotional experience with those DT’s albums.

One point as my highlight from Construct is I lost the old feelings, I can’t find the emotion relationship with (old) DT even I try many times to explore it, but still……I don’t find it yet.
    I only recognized the Mikael’s vocal…the music itself already changed. If someone show me one of the Construct’s song (exception for The Science of Noise and Apathetic) I don’t know if it’s DT who played on that song (from this point I think I don’t know much about DT…actually).

But, let’s talk about the Construct album (do not connected to other DT’s albums).
    I admit that this new album successfully spread out DT worldwide, from album reviews and from FB page DT got so many positive responses. Yes…Construct offered us something catchy and sweet music, songs are acceptable at the first listen, the sad scene packaged in different form (I think I’m wrong…but any sad ambient here in Construct remind me of Anathema’s unique template a lot). Something new, something fresh and something enjoyable for sure.
    DT deserves get the high rank for the Construct and (I think) Construct is…just the Beginning.
    Congrats to DT.

And for me…as my personal emotional experience written above, Construct really modified many structure but still keep using the existing foundation which is Melodic Death Metal. It’s the anti-climax for me, I really lost the soul. From this, I ensure myself that The Mind’s I will be my most favorite album all the time.

Although I refuse Construct, I shall have the CD…in five or ten years later this album will be an epic album, same with my Projector’s digipak :)

-And now, my excitement will be for the new Canadian’s Necronomicon (Rise of the Elder Ones) and Deeds of Flesh (Portals to Canaan).-

18. AllShallFall

Just got my grey Construct LP + 7".

It's beautiful :kickass:.

19. Defiance

I WANT PICTUUUUREEES PLEAAASEEE!!!

---

Currently my favourite track of the new album is State of Trust. Thanks so much for this, Martin B. I love the simplicity of the riffs, and the way the drums (much less-prog than the rest of the album) kick in with Mikael's clear vocals. I was absolutely, nay, I still am completely flabbergasted at such a brilliant song/albu. I also noticed an industrial freebie ;.

20. Defiance