This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

2013 Digital LIVE Asia tour doco

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

So we went on a tour late last year and this is what happened:

#1 Lord Tim, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. Aussie_Metalchild

Aussie_Metalchild Bass player from LORD

3. Cooee

Cooee Member

Iron Saviour should be much more famous :(

Looks like you guys had a good trip! Do you think you'll be doing any more local shows soon?

4. Lord Tim

We're doing Steel Assassins later in the year for sure, but expect a special mini run of shows around the Sydney/Canberra area sometime soonish. Nothing locked in or confirmed as yet, though.

5. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

It's amazing that netherlife still gives me chills when I hear it.

You buggers didn't play Singapore when I was there though !!! In your video is the place I worked for 3.5 years as well as many places I know well.

Favorite quote: "Damo-o-o-o-o-o" hahaha

Might have to see if I can get across to Steel Assassins this year...

6. Lord Tim

Now after visiting Singapore, we can't wait to get back. It's annoying we didn't do that earlier now. Really great place! :)

7. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

I loved it.

Books are much cheaper than here in Australia and the two main bookstores- Borders and Kimokunya ( I think that's how its spelled... you walked past it in the Ngee Ann City building on Orchard Rd - so big I got lost in it more than once) There are some amazing guitar stores hidden away underground all over the city, plus never miss Sim Lim Square (though things might have been cheaper in Japan, six floors of technology in one building is hard to miss- its only the ground floor guys that are pushy). Chinatown markets and little India are also a pretty good eye-opener. Singapore is an awesome place to get fat. You can get a decent lunch for $3. You need to get yourself some "Aah Heng" Chicken Curry Bee Hoon Mee... used to be in the Golden shoe car park right in the city centre (near where the Merlion is).

I went back there for a day last year on business. I realised that I even miss the smell of wet rubber in the taxis...

8. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

I'd really love to visit Japan too- I'm told its pretty expensive though.

9. Lord Tim

Ah Japan isn't so bad if you eat local food, and things generally aren't too much different to Australia really.

We went to a few guitar and record shops in Singapore, all hidden away in maze like buildings. There was some nice stuff in there. Not quite Ochanomizu impressive, but still cool to see. :)

10. bsercombe

bsercombe Member

There is certainly nothing wrong with Japanese food! Like everything the Japanese do the attention to detail is incredible. I remember seeing a show about salarymen who "retire" to run their own little noodle bars- they go through an extreme training course to be able to cook and serve noodles. Even the way the dish is placed in front of you is important as it draws the eye across the food as though it were a landscape painting.

It's little wonder that even the so-called "knock-off" Japanese guitars (the ones which don't get exported outside of Japan due to risk of lawsuits) thrash just about everything else on the market.