This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

60% of you are Musicians

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by shreddy, Oct 7, 2008.

1. J-Man

J-Man Old as Yoda

Long Long ago in a galaxy far far away, just kidding, i studied piano for 14 years, and was a drummer in my high school band, also drummer in The Spirit of Atlanta drum and bugle corp in 1970.

2. WarriorOfMetal

WarriorOfMetal Shroud of Bereavement

check it out anyway :p

3. AMBR

AMBR Metal Grandma

Ha! No way! I spent two years in the Royales drum & bugle corp then auditioned for the Royal Brigade and played several years as a xylophone player for them. Unfortunately, based in Secaucus we could never compete with the Bayonne Bridgemen. I miss DCI's. Was a great time and a great musical experience.

4. Kimavir

Kimavir Metal Hippy

Dude, the inability to decide on a subgenre is 100% metal. Just roll with it.

5. WarriorOfMetal

WarriorOfMetal Shroud of Bereavement

the thing is, if i just say "doom metal" or "death/doom", people will probably get the wrong impression. while it could be described as those, on a basic level, it's just not descriptive enough. it's pretty technical, as far as doom goes, and very progressive, and in addition to having piano, synths, and real string parts, the way the rest of the instruments are arranged is very orchestral in nature as well.

6. J-Man

J-Man Old as Yoda

I mis DCI also, and watch it everytime it comes on TV. I played snare and quads. Today my favorite DCI corp are the Madison Scouts and the Crossmen.

7. Pellaz

Pellaz Tigron of Immanion

Oh, wow, that's neet.

I forgot to mention I played tenor drum in the (Monroe, CT) Rough Riders Drum and Bugle Corps....back when I was c. 13-14, and the city had just approved the corps.

Fun times, fun times.....

8. RonKFish

RonKFish Member

Bass for Division (duh), Hatred, and the Randy Ellefson Band

\m/

9. Wandrail

Wandrail I'm your Huckleberry

Guitar, bass, vocals and VST instrument programming for like...2 projects I guess. Mostly for one called Bardagh for which we have about 10 songs written with some still having some rough edges and then probably another 10 songs that we have a chorus for or some verses. You'd think it would be easy to get it done at this point but its hard to coordinate across a couple of states and I don't want it to just be me on the goddamn thing. Also have started working on vocals and some other things for some goofy project a friend of mine and I are doing. I think its called Bastard Hammer.

Necessities of life get in the way of everything I want to do. Music, writing...:mad:

10. sh0kr0k

sh0kr0k Active Member

Is that what happened to Coronach?

11. Wandrail

Wandrail I'm your Huckleberry

:lol: Yeah we put that to bed some years ago...by changing the name to Bardagh. But we really didn't work on anything except me working on getting a serviceable recording sound and writing songs myself which I can't help doing. Last week was the first time we have worked on anything together in years. Unfortunately we spent more time putting together some goofy song called +15 Exp, +45 Gold from some lyrics my old friend Tony sent me than our own stuff...at least it was fun. Put way more effort into it than a song that ridiculous should probably have, but we laughed about it for a week straight, so its not all bad.

12. Prog_Muse

Prog_Muse Ëana Novía

*raises hand*
    I'm a bassist of seven years, a pianist of twenty-one years, and a singer my whole life.
    Former vocalist for Cemetery Trees, Dark Ember, and most recently, Mindcage.
    Currently a free agent in the midst of talks with a few specific musicians regarding various levels of proggy metalish goofing-offness with the potential to become something rather huge.
    :kickass:

13. Winds

Winds Member

Guitar
    Water Khanfines.

14. Clark Griswold

Clark Griswold WallyWorld anyone?

Guitar, Vocals...Currently no band.

15. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

Aye.... I can now officially report that I have joined the Chicago melodic metal legends Lydian Sea on keyboards. My first show with them will be Friday, November 7th, at Shark City in Glendale Heights.

16. shreddy

shreddy Member

Awesome Congrats on the LS kicks much ass, definitely one of the better bands from Chicago. We will have to do a show together in the Summer.

17. MetalSpice

MetalSpice A slave who forever rocks

I knew it!
    Congrats dude!
    See you at Shark City on the 7th.
    What a great lineup!