This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

80's Pop-ish Metal

Discussion in 'Jag Panzer' started by Aias, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Aias

Aias Fantasy Football Genius

I've just been listening to Dokken. What an incredible band! George Lynch just shreds! They were, imo, a very underappreciated band. Tooth And Nail is such an outstanding album. Just Got Lucky is a killer tune. Anyone remember the video, where George is playing by the volcano? Way cool!

Btw, George is a big boy now. There was a metal sludge interview (http://www.metalsludge.tv/main/index.php?module=subjects&func=viewpage&pageid=77) with him. This is my fav answer:
    7. What seems to be the main argument between you and Don? What’s the problem? Did roid rage ever have anything to do with it?
    Alright. Yes, I admit it. My hemmoroids were acting up.

Anyone else like some pop-ish 80's metal? Or do you just want to flame me?

2. Zac

Zac Videodrome

Don Dokken is a fat tub of shit, but Lynch simply rules!
    I've seen him play twice (opening for Dio & Yngiwie) and both times were absolutley killer. He does need to lay off the juice though. :yuk:

3. Mr Blackwell

Mr Blackwell Greenface

I too like Dokken very much. Tooth And Nail, Under Lock And Key and Back For The Attack are great 80s melodic metal albums. I've seen them open for AC/DC live in 1988. Great!
    I also like my Ratt compilation album Ratt'n'Roll 81-91 very much. Every early Ratt album had a few killers and a lot of fillers and this compilation has all the killers assembled. You're In Love simply is a fantastic song with a superb riff IMHO.
    But I never liked Mötley Crüe, Poison, Warrant etc. The musicianship just wasn't there.

4. Katana Overlord

Katana Overlord Master of the Pit

Dokken is pretty much the only pop metal band I don't mind. I also liek a few W.A.S.P tunes, but I hate Blackie Lawless... And I saw Twisted Sister a few days ago, probably one of the best bands I have seen live.

5. Golden_Goose

Golden_Goose Member

I'm going to see TWISTED SISTER on Aug 21 just 2 miles away from my house:cool: :headbang:

6. Aias

Aias Fantasy Football Genius

Is it the original lineup?