This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

A Vintage Death - Acrid Death Fragrance (EP)

Discussion in 'Unsigned Spotlights' started by S.E.T.I., Dec 14, 2018.

1. S.E.T.I.

S.E.T.I. New Metal Member

A Vintage Death
    one-man blackened death doom metal band from Italy.
    EP "Acrid Death Fragrance"

Thanks for everything!

#1 S.E.T.I., Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019 at 1:48 PM
  2. S.E.T.I.

A Vintage Death plays a musical style that takes black, doom and death metal and mixes them together to create a sound of his own, the production sounds very old school while the lyrics cover darkness and death themes. In my opinion A Vintage Death is a very great sounding mixture of black, doom and death metal and if you are a fan of those musical genres, you should check out this solo project. 8/10
    bringerofdeathzine.blogspot.com/2018/12/a-vintage-deathacrid-death.html

A Vintage Death Interview
    bringerofdeathzine.blogspot.com/2019/01/a-vintage-death-interview.html

An Impressive debut!!!
    gbhbl.com/demo-review-a-vintage-death-acrid-death-fragrance-self-released

Mixing together death, black, and doom metal will always be a tricky thing, but A Vintage Death makes it look fucking easy on his first go.
    headbangerreviews.wordpress.com/2019/01/06/a-vintage-death-acrid-death-fragrance

El proyecto italiano de una sola persona "A Vintage Death" publico a finales del año pasado su Ep debut "Acrid Death Fragance". Efímero lanzamiento, con poco mas de 20 minutos de duración que nos deja una muestra de un lúgubre y denso Doom Metal con tintes un tanto melódicos y armoniosos muy influenciados por el Black Metal.
    www.facebook.com/MundoDelDoomMetal

In conclusion, as EP and first approach, Acrid Death Fragance manages to define a solid sound with interesting moments that I hope can be further developed in future publications ...
    rockingreviews.net/2019/01/15/acid-death-fragance-by-vintage-death-2018

Un demo di debutto più che sufficiente per A Vintage Death 3/5
    allaroundmetal.com/component/content/article/26-releases/5855-un-demo-di-debutto-più-che-sufficiente-per-a-vintage-death

C'è ancora molto su cui lavorare, ma il bilancio è positivo! 6.5/10
    metalitalia.com/album/a-vintage-death-acrid-death-fragrance

TRATTANDOSI DI UN DEMO, OVVIAMENTE, NON SIAMO IN PRESENZA DI SUONI OTTIMALI, MA TALE ASPETTO PASSA IN SECONDO PIANO RISPETTO A QUESTA VENTINA DI MINUTI ABBONDANTI RICCHI DI SPUNTI PREGEVOLI CHE NECESSITANO APPUNTO SOLO DI UNA RIFINITURA A LIVELLO FORMALE PER ESSERE AL 100% COMPETITIVI. 7.3/10
    metaleyes.iyezine.com/a-vintage-death-acrid-death-fragrance

Sin embargo, cuando estuvo a punto de comenzar a moverse, percibió como los guerrilleros estaban arrojando gasolina al agujero de muerte donde se encontraba. ¡En unos segundos iba a ser quemado vivo!
    Bienvenidos al universo de A Vintage Death. 5/10
    www.brokentombmagazine.com/2019/02/12/critica-a-vintage-death-acrid-death-fragance-2018

L’obbiettivo sembra essere stato raggiunto, i testi non risultano banali. Stilisticamente a dominare è la componente Doom Metal di questa proposta, il sound ha un passo molto pesante ritmicamente e il riffing principale possiede un moto perpetuo e sulfureo; tutto ben amalgamato con vocals che pescano dal Death (e in alcuni passaggi, rapidi e poco marcati, dal Black) 70/100
    www.metalwinds.org/2019/recensioni/a-vintage-death-acrid-death-fragrance

Overall, Acrid Death Fragrance is a very well done and executed offering, one that can be and should be listened to many times over. There isn’t a weak track throughout as each one is just as solid as the last gifting you with an overall very entertaining and engaging listen.
    cadavergarden.com/2019/03/01/a-vintage-death-acrid-death-fragrance

A VINTAGE DEATH is one of those new and good bands and “Acrid Death Fragrance” is their first release
    www.blessedaltarzine.com/2019/03/01/black-friday-xix-underground-reco

C’è poi un avena leggermente romantica in tutto il disco, una sorta di romanticismo latente ma si parla solo di una lieve sensazione, come un’immagine vista in stato di sonno/veglia 7.5/10
    www.metalhead.it?p=151474#more-151474

It's obvious that Carmine is a talented musician with good ideas and great songwriting abilities. All he needs now is a professional producer and, why not, a live band. But for now, this EP is an excellent debut.
    www.merchantsofair.com/albums/brieviews-59

The fusion style allows Carmine d'Annibale, the mind behind the project, to shift through a variety of speeds in short succession, slipping from the intensity of quick beatings into brooding downtempo action, and the flexibility of that aspect shades the other instrumentation as well. All together, it's quite an enjoyable experiment, and one which I hope will see follow-up releases.
    www.theburningbeard.com/2019/03/revitalizing-senses.html

Auch wenn in nächster Zeit die Zeit für ein Review fehlt, so möchte ich doch zumindest an dieser Stelle eine Empfehlung für A Vintage Death aussprechen, die vor kurzem mit "Acrid death fragrance" eine interessante EP in Eigenregie veröffentlicht haben. Der Mix aus Blackened Doom und Death Metal ist in seiner Schwermütigkeit für alle diejenigen hörenswert, die Wert auf Musikalität und Atmosphäre legen und denen Ausflüge über den Tellerrand nichts fremdes sind. Unbedingt auf Bandcamp antesten!
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    I AM BLACK SALVATION - HAIL DARKNESS!!!
    www.facebook.com/BlackSalvationBlog

Death (as in the end of life, not death metal) reigns supreme here and casts a pallor over everything, melodies indeed toll like a death knell as tracks roll inexorably forward through moroseness and misery, a crushing emotional weight and great classic doom-influenced guitar tone pressing on your chest and burying you beneath the dirt.
    blackmetaldaily.wordpress.com/2019/04/01/bandcamp-misanthropy-volume-22/

I distorti si dispongono in maniera molto semplice al pari delle ritmiche dove di tanto in tanto fanno la loro comparsa anche viole che rendono il tutto ancor più mistico e coinvolgente.
    www.metalwave.it/recensione.php?id=8723

Interview for METAL MUSIC ZINE from SEATTLE
    A Vintage Death is a solo project of atmospheric doom from Italy. Totally new to this publication, below is an introductory interview that should interest fans of one-person DIY atmospheric doom. The interview has details about the recording Acrid Death Fragrance and also about life in Italy for A Vintage Death.
    metalbulletin.blogspot.com/2019/05/interview-vintage-death.html

Estamos ante un EP variado, aunque sin caer en lo extravagante, que parte de tres estilos muy concretos, pero que se funden y traspasan sus fronteras hasta lograr una perfecta armonía, que acaba por oler a odio, muerte y oscuridad. 8
    www.blackmetalspirit.net/2019/05/a-vintage-death.html

the surroundings work throughout the process of decay making it feel weepy but organic and very alive, as if the whole album were a rotting and ominous parade
    www.vm-underground.com/review/a-vintage-death-acrid-death-fragrance-ep/

A promising work though the rougher edges and poor layout/artwork detract from a vision with great potential 3.5/5
    grizzlybutts.com/2019/10/07/ten-from-the-tomb-10-07-19-no-death-left-to-dance-with

#2 S.E.T.I., Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019 at 1:13 PM
  3. S.E.T.I.

"Acrid Death Fragrance" EP - ULTRA Limited Cassette Edition

- Metallic silver shells in a clear case with a two-sided
    - Full color three-panel j-card
    - Hand numbered copies

Only 4 copies
    Only €4

for order visit: https://avintagedeath.bandcamp.com

stay doomed!