This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

about headway 2005

Discussion in 'Headway' started by IOfTheStorm, Feb 2, 2004.

1. tetsu_pilgrimmonk

Sorry to reply back very late. Thanks for your kind words, Mike.

Kochirakoso Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu. It was awesome meeting you. I believe new album of Praymary would be another winner for fans of melodic prog metal/rock. Yes, I'll e-mail you later. I keep talking about Prymary on my website, too.

Tetsu

2. OffSet

OffSet Let's 16/9-ize that!

What about bands such as Spiral Architect, Cynic or the live performance of SPASTIC INK?? :p

Power of Omens could be okay also

That would be cool.

3. IOfTheStorm

IOfTheStorm Gogol Bordello

All great stuff
    I wonder if the guys (Dennis and Frurken) can share with us, their thoughts about Headway 2005

4. Rokker

Rokker New Metal Member

hey guys, the newest song from Last Crack, "Greta Grinder," is now available for free download at www.LastCrack.com along with the first release "Siren Song" and a live version of Sinister Funkhouse #17's "Blood Brothers of the Black Bear."

5. D. Rumble

D. Rumble New Metal Member

Hi guys,

For the record: I am no longer a part of the Headway organisation.

I never intended it to become an annual fest when I set up the first edition with P60 in 2003. At that time, I had a list of bands that I really wanted to see playing in Holland (bands that never played here before). I managed to basically book all the bands I had in mind and set up a killer bill with P60.
    It's great that it did become an annual fest, but after 2003's edition, I gradually started to feel like I didn't really have anything to add to the organisation anymore.
    Since having left my former band Sun Caged in December of last year, I'm not particularly active in the progrock/progmetal genre anymore, which gave me an ever greater feeling of losing touch with the fest.

I will definately be following Onno and Freek's activities, however, and will try to visit the fest to hang with my friends.

Thanks for everything guys!

Cheers,

Dennis

6. Frurken

Frurken Member

A late reply from us. We still have to get ourselves together after this great second edition, but we're working on it.

I would like to thank Dennis for all his efforts for the Headway fest. He did a killer job! And I'm sure we will see him every year, 'cause we will continue the festival as we started it: original and unique progressive bands that have seldom or never played in the Netherlands before.

And for all those fans and visitors out there, keep those tips and wishes coming. We will have a serious look at every one of them, and we are definitely interested in discovering new progressive music from all over the world. We can't say anything yet about the next edition, but as far as I'm concerned it will be a bit more varied, a bit more progrock and maybe even progpop oriented, compared to this blasting progmetal edition. You'll just have to wait and see :loco:

7. spatch

spatch Member

Here are some of the bands I would consider travelling over for
    Aghora
    Andromeda
    Arabesque
    Behold… The Arctopus
    Canvas Solaris
    Gordian Knot
    Wolverine
    7 for 4
    Zero Hour (new album should be out in time for show; they really kicked arse in 2003)

8. fragility

fragility Member

If you bring some of thoes to Europe, I will be there and give everyone involved with headway a big, sloppy kiss....ok, I'm over it now

9. AtlanticDreamer

AtlanticDreamer New Metal Member

I would love to see Freak Kitchen again, and sice they will have a new album out this year...

10. Frurken

Frurken Member

Freak Kitchen and Bumblefoot will do a double package mini-tour under the name of "Heroes of Headway" in March, starting at P60 on the 10th, then moving to Switzerland, France and Belgium. So if you're looking for a nice festival warm-up...

Freek
    Headway Festival Team