This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Albums!

Discussion in 'Pagan's Mind' started by Docrock, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Docrock

Docrock ...of epic questions

Oki!
    Which is the better album from Pagan's Mind?
    Infinity Divine?
    Celestial Entrance?
    Enigmatic Calling?
    God's Equation?

Share your thoughts,feelings,frustrations etc.

2. MetalAges

MetalAges Metal Is As Metal Does.
    Staff Member

For me, Celestial Entrance - although I have not yet heard God's Equation so we shall see!

3. Docrock

Docrock ...of epic questions

For me:Infinity Divine -original- & God's Equation.

4. Taliwakker

Taliwakker .....

Enigmatic:Calling

5. voodoo

voodoo A little left of heaven

God's Equation, then Celestial Entrance, then Enigmatic Calling, then Infinity Divine.

6. Flavio CotM

Flavio CotM Member

Seconded!!!

7. symphonyXjapan

My preference matches with voodoo's above except I would say that Celestial Entrance and Enigmatic:Calling are very closely tied for the reason that I feel Enigmatic:Calling sounded too much the same as Celestial Entrance.

I really think God's Equation is the best PM album thus far. All of the songs have their own identity and the band seems to be experimenting more with different guitar styles and keyboard sounds. The one song that I can't get enough of off of the new album is "United Alliance". Something about the sound of the keyboards in it with the catchy rythm guitar that I just can't get enough of.

8. Bryant

Bryant Mr. Sleepy

Well if you stopped listening to 50 cents new disc, you might be able to catch the new Pagan's Mind. I am of course joking Deron. I love the fact you are here. Pagan's Mind has become an elite band. We are special to get on the ground floor.

Bryant

9. Bryant

Bryant Mr. Sleepy

I haven't heard God's Equation though I know it has leaked. I really consider Celestial Entrance and Enigmatic Calling pretty equal with Infinity Divine trailing, but still a quality release. I would have to choose Celestial Entrance due to "Through Osiris Eyes" though. That song is PM's calling card and Lord Viggo's solo on that song absolutely showed what an elite player he is.

Bryant

10. rockyracoon

Tough call, they're all so great. I'd probably go with Enigmatic Calling. I'm so glad they played Supremacy, Our Kind.

11. SavaRon

SavaRon Member

Tough call for me. I really like all three a lot. Probably CE by just a bit over the other two. Haven't heard GE yet except for what they played at PP. It sounded great though!

12. PMA

PMA Prog Rock/Metal Head

There was a considerable improvement in writing from Infinity Divine to Celestial Entrance. I agree that CE and Enigmatic Calling are very similar but I also believe the latter continued to show growth in their writing. God's Equation hasn't left my rotation and is spectacular. Only one minor complaint is they are doing more growling vocally and I don't really care for that, especially with Nils' great voice and range.

13. Perditions Ghost

1) Infinity Divine, tied with Celestial Entrance
    2) God's Equation
    3) Enigmatic: Calling

14. Seaoflies07

Seaoflies07 Member

Currently i own Celestial Entrance and Enigmatic:calling...they are both excellent albums but i like Celestial Entrance A bit more

15. Princess_Divine

Princess_Divine Princess Divine

If I was devising a "Best of PM" Album it would contain tracks from all 4 albums, infact it would be the longest "Best of" Album ever created.

I can't answer the question as I find that the album I'm playing at the time is my favourite at that moment in time. I'm thoroughly captured by them all.

God's Equation sees PM take a new direction, so I see this album as being the one to make the biggest kick ass in your face statement of them all.
    Hold on tight folks, PM are about to whizz into hyperspace stardom as the masses begin to catch on.

16. zacmenta

zacmenta Member

I've only got Enigmatic: Calling, and I fucking love it. Celestine Prophecy (which I'm listening to now actually) and Supremacy, Our Kind would be standouts for me, but there are no bad tracks on the album (although I never listen to Coming Home; for some reason I always skip it).

Heard a track off God's Equation the other day on a local metal show, Powersurge. I was there with my band doing an interview, and before it started I saw the DJ (I think that's what they're called??) pulled out the CD and played the title track. The drummer and I are big fans so we were pretty pleased. Then we were even more pleased when we managed to do the interview without saying anything stupid (other than me saying that the bass player was smoking crack instead of doing the interview). Good times.

I plan of course plan to get all the other albums, but what would everyone recommend I get first?

17. PMA

PMA Prog Rock/Metal Head

Go for God's Equation next then Celestial Entrance. Both are great albums but the edge goes to the newer material. It is stellar.

18. zacmenta

zacmenta Member

19. demetman

demetman New Metal Member

My fav is Infinity Devine do to the really cool riffing and an overall heavier feel that the other releases. They all kill though.

Demetman

20. blackstaRR

blackstaRR Member

Celestial Entrance and Enigmatic Calling are brilliant albums. Infinity Divine (reissue) has several great songs, especially A New Beginning. I'm a bit surprised about the praise of the newest album. I think it's pretty meaningless compared to the previous masterpieces. God's Equation is still decent.